angelfish with scales falling off

Freshwater Tropical Fish & Plants Discussion
Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

angelfish with scales falling off

Post by Jamilw1989 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:04 pm

Hey Gerwin the female in my dads tank is loosing its scales, is that i sign she is getting ready to lay eggs again or is she sick? it looks kind of weird.

Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

Re: angelfish with scales falling off

Post by Jamilw1989 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:21 pm

its skin.

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Gerwin » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:44 pm

not a sign of laying eggs....
gonna go with sick

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:10 pm

Gerwin wrote:not a sign of laying eggs....
gonna go with sick
Ok. it looks kind of nasty and weird. We weren't sure. we will keep a close eye on her and i will let you know whats going on. by the way the mickey platies are doing great in the 55 gallon the ammonia has come down a little but not much. Is there any truth to the fact that live aquarium plants will help bring down the ammonia in a fish tank? I had posted some pictures on facebook when i i first set it up and started having problems and a friend suggested lava rocks and live plants; i have a few live plants in there but my mickeys are eatting them almost as fast as they are growing. is there any benefits to having them; for the tank in general not just amonia clear up.