breeding Cory's

Freshwater Tropical Fish & Plants Discussion
Lindsey&Dan
Minnow Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

breeding Cory's

Post by Lindsey&Dan » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:48 pm

Any one done this yet? Thinking of starting some attempts with my 10 gal. Any idea what cory is the easiest? Any ideas where to start?

Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

Re: breeding Cory's

Post by Jamilw1989 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:21 am

lindsey its not really hard i have watched my friend do it. you need an empty 10 gallon. no gravel or anything in the bottom. then you just put a male and female in the tank and let it go they will lay their eggs on the glass when they do you will need to scrape them off and move them into another empty tank with an air pump so they can hatch without being eatten. it rather simple. I am going to try and do it too. i have seen my friends tank and thought i would give it a shot. make sure you buy a male and a female. they really arent that hard to tell apart from the top of the tank looking down into the tank. the males are longer and skinier than the females (which are short and fat). I hope that helps

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: breeding Cory's

Post by Gerwin » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:21 pm

have several customers breed cory's over the years and Tiffany ( a member on here) has done it as well.