Extra 10 Gallon! What should I do?

Freshwater Tropical Fish & Plants Discussion
Trvr14
Minnow Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Extra 10 Gallon! What should I do?

Post by Trvr14 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:34 pm

I have an extra 10 gallon tank and I was thinking about doing a one or two fish tank. I would like to do an aggressive fish so that I can have fun feeding it. I am looking for some suggestions on what fish would be good to do this with.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: Extra 10 Gallon! What should I do?

Post by Redfish » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:45 am

10g will be a small permanent home for a fish or two, I would suggest to go to at least a 20g, will be interesting to see what the pros suggest.

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:05 pm

10g would make a cool display for a single frogfish!! They meet all that criteria! Or a small N. Wennerae mantis shrimp.

goalk33p3r
Discus Member

Post by goalk33p3r » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:43 am

Quarantine tank!!! Most important thing I made the mistake and not having one and lost every fish that I have do to ich. It would have been easy to take care of if I had one but I don't and paid the price one of the best investments to make. I know that this is the next thing that I am buying

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:00 am

goalk33p3r wrote:Quarantine tank!!! Most important thing I made the mistake and not having one and lost every fish that I have do to ich. It would have been easy to take care of if I had one but I don't and paid the price one of the best investments to make. I know that this is the next thing that I am buying
I can't argue with this advice :clap: a Quarantine tank, but I sure like Scott's advice also a Frog Fish, thats one cool looking fish.