can some one explain this

Freshwater Tropical Fish & Plants Discussion
Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

can some one explain this

Post by Jamilw1989 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:55 pm

I just witnessed the impossible in my ten gallon tank. OK so I had to do a total wash out the other day in my ten gallon tank because it looked like all my fish had just died over night for no visable cause. so i tore everything appart saved the only fish that i saw was still alive and put him in another tank and took out all the gravel into the back yard and blasted it all out with the garden hose, and then i drain all the water out of the gravel and i let it sit in the bucket and i blasted out the tank and then cared it all back in and set the bucket with the gravel on the floor and the set the tank back up and filled it with water leaving the gravel out so i could go buy and install an undergravel filter the next day.
Ok, well the next day (yesterday) around 9 i run down to petsmart with my dad to drop the doggy off for his monthly hair-cut and bath, and while i am there i pick up and undergravel filtration system and everything else that you need to make it run. we go home and i sett it down in the water and turn it on. then i go get more water to fill it up to where it needs to be then i add the gravel. Mind you remember this is the gravel thats been sitting for 24 hours now. Ok so i flip everything on and let it run.
well i walked over to the tank about twenty minutes ago to check and see what the tempt was at and thats when i saw what I have now named, 'Phantom' a baby guppy is just swimming around having a high-old time in that tank all alone, he must have been in the gravel but HOW!!!!!???? :eh: that gravel had been sitting with no water in it, in a bucket for almost 24 hours and the water it had in it kept getting washed out, in the back yard.
Some one explain this please.

comatoast
Swordtail Member
My SetUp: 46G Bowfront, Fluval 405, Prizm Skimmer, Current Power Compacts, Hydor Korilia 3

Re: can some one explain this

Post by comatoast » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:34 pm

JESUS!!

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:23 pm

AMEN!!! :clap:

Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

Post by Jamilw1989 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:12 pm

Yeah I named the little fish phantom-miracle.

goalk33p3r
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by goalk33p3r » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:18 pm

Wow that is crazy must have found some water some how could you imagine being that little fish lol

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:20 pm

yeah it was insane i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me when i saw it swimming around in there. it seems to be happy.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:58 am

I believe it

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:14 am

We shall see if the water is safe enough for him to survive in. But at least i know that he shouldn't be able to get sucked into the filter because it's under the gravel now instead of in the back of the tank.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:11 am

G-Tip of the day :arrow:

you can always take a foam block cut hole in it, and slip over intake to keep little ones from getting sucked in,

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:44 am

Gerwin wrote:G-Tip of the day :arrow:

you can always take a foam block cut hole in it, and slip over intake to keep little ones from getting sucked in,
Now i hear this after i went and bought the undergravel filter. at least i will know what to do it the other filter starts to do that.

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:00 am

ok as strangely as my little phantom appeared he has disappeared. we don't see him anywhere i hope he didn't swim under the gravel and into one of those tubes because if he did then he is so totally dead.