sick swordtail

Freshwater Tropical Fish & Plants Discussion
Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

sick swordtail

Post by Jamilw1989 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:52 pm

I have a male swordtail that is acting very odd.he seemed fine last week but the last few days he hasn't been eatting and he is laying at the bottom of the tank. he only gets up when other fish agitate him enough that he finally moves. whats wrong with him? he doesn't have ick he 'Looks' ok. is there a way of telling how old he is?

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: sick swordtail

Post by Gerwin » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:20 pm

lethargy is a symptom of so many things,
The asking "what is wrong with him?" is almost impossible to tell you with so little info. But sometime its just a S___ Happens situation and nothing can help and nothing will spread, not saying there is not a issue ,but just don't forget that possibility

Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

Post by Jamilw1989 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Ok well I guess it just means more girls for the other guy :)

Doug
Site Admin
My SetUp: 1984: 90 gal. saltwater, O'Dell tank, Oceanic Systems cabinet stand, (2) Perfecto 48" strip lights with Vita-Lite Power Twists, Aqualogy Bio-Grade Plus Undergravel filter, (2) Hagen Aquaclear 800 power heads, Eheim 2217 canister filter with Chemi-Pure, Hawaiian Marine Angstrom 2537 UV sterilizer

Post by Doug » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:40 pm

As aquarists, we are primarily limited to diagnosing disease based upon what we can observe externally. Parasitic spots, abrasions, cloudy eyes, fungal fluff, wasting, bloating are the most we have to go on without an autopsy post-mortem, which would be more costly than the specimen lost in most every case.

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:31 pm

I dont know hes not dead yet but he isn't moving much. hey gerwin by any chance you wouldn't happen to have the tubing and ends for a 20 gallon undergravel filter? my twenty gallon came with one but it only has the piece for under the gravel. no chance i can get the tubes and stuff from you? I like the one i have in my ten gallon a lot it keeps the gravel really clean. and i want the one in the 20 gallon to run if i can get the missing parts.