WTB Interceptor. HELP!

Aquarium Diseases & Medication Discussion
Scott Allen
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

WTB Interceptor. HELP!

Post by Scott Allen » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:24 pm

I need 3 of the 51-100lbs tablets. I have black bugs on my Montis and they are eating them fast! There is a back order and I can't talk my vet into it anyhow!

Anyone have some tablets laying around, Name a price that is fair and I am in! Please help!

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Re: WTB Interceptor. HELP!

Post by Scott Allen » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:19 am

Scott Allen wrote:I need 3 of the 51-100lbs tablets. I have black bugs on my Montis and they are eating them fast! There is a back order and I can't talk my vet into it anyhow!

Anyone have some tablets laying around, Name a price that is fair and I am in! Please help!
Hehe. I got this thead shut down on a few national sites with a warning that stated I was "illiciting prescription drugs" give me a break!!

Somebody help ME!

Shadow1
Discus Member
My SetUp: 300DD Reef, 30 Nuvo Breeding Clowns, 30 QT/Grow out.

Post by Shadow1 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:52 pm

Let me know if the Vet I located did not have enough, I may have another source.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:32 pm

come to see your pal

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:38 pm

Shadow1 wrote:Let me know if the Vet I located did not have enough, I may have another source.
She got me plenty! Thanks again Richard!!

And, G... I drove to H'burg! I figured ya'll would have told me if you had any when Roger told me I needed it!!!! And what did you put in the tank? That purple fuzz is gone from my rocks and the 40b is full of cyano! fair trade though!

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Glad you found what U needed :clap: Ok I am going to ask a stupid question,,, What are the Black bugs? I have heard of Red Bugs on SPS corals but have not heard of Black Bugs.

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:11 pm

Redfish wrote:Glad you found what U needed :clap: Ok I am going to ask a stupid question,,, What are the Black bugs? I have heard of Red Bugs on SPS corals but have not heard of Black Bugs.
Not a stupid question. This is not nearly as common as red bugs. Montiporas are some of the most common corals on earth and have a large surface area making them susceptible to a larger number of pests than most corals. I had been noticing some tissue damage to a few of my Monti colonies. Well G-man and Super Rog came by to check on the tank while I was out of town and suggested that I have a black bug pest causing the damage! Roger linked me to this thread ( http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showt ... ?t=1899707 ) so I followed the interceptor route.

As of this morning there are no black specs visual on any of my Monti colonies!!! I'll be keeping a close eye on the damaged corals and will report any healing or continued decline over the following month or so.

Tonight I will perform a roughly 50 gallon water change and run fresh carbon. I plan to replace the carbon on Sunday and then run the treatment again middle of next week.

Shadow1
Discus Member
My SetUp: 300DD Reef, 30 Nuvo Breeding Clowns, 30 QT/Grow out.

Post by Shadow1 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:07 pm

I have read some of the treatment guidelines did you pull all your inverts and clam? If not how are they doing?

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:39 pm

What kinda surprised me with the Reef Central link: That no one really seemed to know much about them. Lot of people with a lot of experience on that forum, the good thing it seems is that they aren't that hard to get rid of. I would keep a watch for the babies though, from any eggs that might be on the corals.

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Shadow1 wrote:I have read some of the treatment guidelines did you pull all your inverts and clam? If not how are they doing?
Clams are at no risk..

My biggest shrimp made it, my lobster is fine and all corals seem improved.

Acro crabs, hermits and smaller shrimp all dead and gone. Bugs on the montis all gone too!

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:46 pm

Redfish wrote:What kinda surprised me with the Reef Central link: That no one really seemed to know much about them. Lot of people with a lot of experience on that forum, the good thing it seems is that they aren't that hard to get rid of. I would keep a watch for the babies though, from any eggs that might be on the corals.
That's why you treat it in 3 cycles. To guarantee all the eggs are hatched and dead.