Why did you get into the fish hobby

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the members of FishyStuff Forums.
goalk33p3r
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Why did you get into the fish hobby

Post by goalk33p3r » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:55 pm

I thought this would be a real cool post to kinda get to know how or why we have all got in to this hobby/addiction

The way I got in to it was the movie finding nemo. I thought those fish were just so awesome and colorful and I just wanted a tank ever since then. Then I had a child and he watch nemo and o boy loved it so I decided to do a tank. I started out small and went bigger. Now when I am asked why do I like fish tanks so much? I say that it's just really amazing to have your little own ecosystem that you take care of. You start out small and just watch how everything grows is just the coolest thing. But I have to say I would not have so into it if it was not for my to favorite fish people g-man and roger. Thanks guys

evo832psi
Discus Member

Re: Why did you get into the fish hobby

Post by evo832psi » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:38 pm

Not really a "why" but this is how my addiction started.

When i was younger i lived next to a small creek that i use to fish in all the time. I walked down to fish one day and there was a 10g tank just sitting there. I left it be for 3 days before putting it in my room. I put a few brim in there and watched them grow. Years later, After i got my 1st job, i got my 1st pay check. I spent it on a 55g tank and stand. Put 3 Oscars in it until they outgrew the tank. Years later, again, i met Gerwin and did my 100g Cichlid set-up. Not even 6 months down the road i helped MPowell setup his 125g reef. That's where i instantly fell in love with the salt. I changed my 100g fresh into a reef and just this week purchased a 180g full setup that im changing everything to when i get back. I sit on the foot of my bed and stare at it for hours. All in all its just what relaxes me!!!

goalk33p3r
Discus Member

Post by goalk33p3r » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:04 pm

If you need help man I would not mind at all seen your tank on face book and :shock: that is a kick ass tank

Shadow1
Discus Member
My SetUp: 300DD Reef, 30 Nuvo Breeding Clowns, 30 QT/Grow out.

Post by Shadow1 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:32 am

I got out of salt 25 years ago in a divorce, had a 140 tall. In August last year a local shop was going out of business and my wife bought a 75 reef display tank it was in bad neglected state. 2 weeks later she bought his 125 live rock tank we combined the two into the 125. Somewhere along the line we discovered Just Fish now 2 weeks ago she ordered a 300 deep dimension and am working with Wes on a sump design. So although we both enjoy the hobby I seem to be in better shape than most as my wife wants to have the "pretty" tank......and has driven the money decisions along the way.