What would you like to have on special?

In-Store Specials at Just Fish / Pass Road Pet Center, Biloxi, MS.
Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: What would you like to have on special?

Post by Gerwin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:54 am

guitarest wrote:Gerwin, I am looking for another 100gal or larger tank. Still doing that special? Also I have a house now no longer on the third floor... Should stop by and check out my tanks.

Feel free to email or call me...

Jocko
I will have more in a month or so

Dirtypirate
Guppy Member

metal halide lighting system

Post by Dirtypirate » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:44 pm

i am looking into getting a MH lighting system for my 75 gal tank. i was thinking about getting a single bulb 200 watt, or a dual bulb 400 watt system. what kind of systems (single bulb, dual bulb, wattage, with or without reflector) can you get and how much?
thanks. Austin

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:04 pm

I have MH lights over my 125g tank. When I set up the new tank, I will be chuncking the MH and replacing them with Evolution LED lights. That is, unless things with LED lights change between now and then, and it seems like they do everyday. You might want to post an add in the classified section, there might be someone that has some MH lights for sale.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Re: metal halide lighting system

Post by Gerwin » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:53 am

Dirtypirate wrote:i am looking into getting a MH lighting system for my 75 gal tank. i was thinking about getting a single bulb 200 watt, or a dual bulb 400 watt system. what kind of systems (single bulb, dual bulb, wattage, with or without reflector) can you get and how much?
thanks. Austin
on a 75 to get even light distribution you will need 2 lamps and 250 watts is the most I would run, unless you see a bigger tank in the future and quite honestly 175 would be fine.

but the t-5 option should be your first thought with much less heat than the MH

as far as cost 425 gets you a double retro kit with 2 t-5 lamps as well in any wattage you want

JusJami
Minnow Member

Post by JusJami » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:48 am

Can you get me some Berghia Nudibrach??? Oh, and a BIG blue tang :) I know, I know, what I see is what I get... But $$$ talks right...yes, I'm bribing you

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:56 am

at this point none of my suppliers have the nudibranch, got some 2.5' tangs now

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:27 pm

How about a cheap frag sale? See if you can get your vendor to hook you up with a bunch of frags ranging from $5-$30 or so. Some may only be 1 or 2 polyps for zoas and such, but what the hell?!

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:32 pm

bluwtr wrote:How about a cheap frag sale? See if you can get your vendor to hook you up with a bunch of frags ranging from $5-$30 or so. Some may only be 1 or 2 polyps for zoas and such, but what the hell?!
+1 Don't forget a few small hard corals ;)

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:05 pm

Yeah, I mean all types. Even if an acro frag was only like 1-1.5" that would be worth $10-15.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:37 am

I've seen .25 inch sell for 20+ dollars, sps can be cheap to EXPensive even on tiny pieces. the best bet there is for you guys and gals to cut up some small pieces and then we have a frag swap at the shop one night, maybe incorporate into the annual GerRog Sale

bluwtr
Discus Member

Post by bluwtr » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:50 pm

I would bite. Defo more affordable to grow them out than to buy big show pieces, but that's just me.

Tyler
Swordtail Member
My SetUp: 230 Gallon Tank w/ 60 gallon sump
Manta Ray pump running my 4 returns and protein skimmer. 2-3" live sand bed with 230 pounds of some live rock. RO/DI system for water changes and auto top off. 57 watt UV sterilizer. 2 stage phosphate and carbon reactor. T5 lights at the moment but soon to be LEDs. Need better paying job.

Post by Tyler » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:19 pm

I still have a little ways to go before i could even think about offering up anything for a trade but I definitely like this idea.

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:35 am

[quote="Gerwin"]I've seen .25 inch sell for 20+ dollars, sps can be cheap to EXPensive even on tiny pieces. the best bet there is for you guys and gals to cut up some small pieces and then we have a frag swap at the shop one night, maybe incorporate into the annual GerRog Sale[/quote]

That would be very cool... I liked the sps 1-1.5" for $15!! (though I knew it would never fly) I would buy them all!! I love the idea of a frag swap / GerRog sale!! Discounts on dry goods like dosing/salt/additives would be helpful too!

I KNOW 50% off AI Sol Blues!!! Only ones that were ordered two or more months ago though...

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:04 pm

:shh:

guitarest
Discus Member

Post by guitarest » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:17 am

Havent been by lately since my VA appointments have been in the morning before you open. So I am going on vacation at end of August for 3 weeks Gerwin do you or do you know anyone who can stop by the house to take a look at the tank while I am gone? I would have the food already cut up in little bags in the freezer so thaw, feed and make sure everything working ok in the tank.