Dammit

Saltwater Fish & Invertebrates Discussion
guitarest
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Dammit

Post by guitarest » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:45 pm

Well damn my needlefish just upped and died last night. He showed no signs of being sick or any change in his eating habits. In fact he ate normal like he always did since May or June when I caught him. He grew to almost 6 inches and one day he just dies...

No one else looks sick in the 55, I hate this...

guitarest
Discus Member

Re: Dammit

Post by guitarest » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:03 pm

Sadly I lost almost all the fish in the 55gal, everything died except the crabs and the kill fish minnows. I moved all the fish to a 38gal sic tank and drained the 55 did a huge cleaning. All the fish died within 5 hours, and whats got me really upset is all my bottom fish are gone except one blemmie.

Extremely wild how this quickly killed all the fish, the tank finally started getting cloudy by then it was took late. I tried to save the fish and they even died in the sic tank. I was in rescue mode and while I have strips I never tested the water. The tank was the cleanest and the best looking tank.

Hopefully spring I can catch a few more blemmies and gobi's, I really liked those fish.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:02 am

so did you check after things died?

Chef Steve
Discus Member
My SetUp: 29 gallon saltwater tank (coral in future hopefully)

Post by Chef Steve » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:18 pm

Sorry to hear man. I wolluld also like to know if u tested after? So most of the fish were caught? If not all of them.?

guitarest
Discus Member

Post by guitarest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:35 am

Hind site I should have tested the water, I didn't. I was in emergency mode moving some fish to the large tank and swapping water. Removed maybe 35 to 40 gal out of the 55, tested since its perfect now.

Yes everything in that tank was native..... Those killfish minnows are hardy fish for sure...