And then there were two

Saltwater Fish & Invertebrates Discussion
Bud
Angel Member
My SetUp: My set up:125 gl, Diablo Skimmer, 4 maxspect led, 125lbs + live rock, sand base, rose bubble tip anemone, mini carpet, 2 pair Perc and tomato clowns, yellow tang, coral beauty, red hawkfish, miss gobies and clean up crew. Corals: multiple leathers, acro's, mushrooms, donut, plate, etc... and growing

And then there were two

Post by Bud » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:12 pm

Sometime in the last couple of days large rose bubbletip (about the size of a large grapefruit) turned into two baseball sized anemones. One is slightly larger than the other but both seem healthy (color, extension). Thus far the clowns are sticking with the slightly larger, but the female dominates the anemone, so maybe the smaller guy can have an anemone of his own. Water parameters are still pretty good, nitrates have bounced around, but never higher than about 10. Just changed my GFO to take care of it. I'm going to say this is propogation, not stress related because I m happy about it. My first.

Bud

goalk33p3r
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: And then there were two

Post by goalk33p3r » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:02 pm

Congrats on your new Rbta

eric the red
Discus Member
My SetUp: Equipment: 225 gallon (72x30x24), 3 radion pros, 2 48" t5s (ato blue plus), 2 mp40s, full apex with ph probe, wxm module, brs gfo reactor, reef octopus nwb200, DIY ATO with Kalk in reservoir water, two micom dosers (dosing 2 part) Livestock is mostly zoas/palys and sps. I also have quite a selection of high end Lps on the sand bed.

Re: And then there were two

Post by eric the red » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:26 am

I wish I could keep an anemone. :( Seriously though. Great job.