Home made frag plugs

Saltwater Fish & Invertebrates Discussion
bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Re: Home made frag plugs

Post by bluwtr » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Not that the water shows, but I've not tested the pH which should be the only thing affected as PoP is insoluble in water. Even if it does break down PoP is CaSO4--Calcium Sulfate. It is actually gypsum that has been heated above 200 F and made anhydrous. When water is mixed with it, it gives off heat and begins to harden.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: Home made frag plugs

Post by Redfish » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:19 am

A frag plug that I would like to have a few of, I saw these on a web site some where that I can't seem to find again :( I think it was a 3 inch plug. These would be great to mount Chalice corals on, if anyone see's the online, give me a shout.