Another reason to go to your Local Fish Store?

A "friendly forum" for those just starting out in aquarium keeping. No question is too basic, so don't hesitate to ask!
Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Another reason to go to your Local Fish Store?

Post by Gerwin » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:40 am

Rog found this and I thought it was equally Hilarius! if I would have had this info when I was younger... :shh:

Gerwin
Discus Member

Re: Another reason to go to your Local Fish Store?

Post by Gerwin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:15 pm

what the heck! no one found this funny? blah this must be the old people forums :problem: :crazy:

Doug
Site Admin
My SetUp: 1984: 90 gal. saltwater, O'Dell tank, Oceanic Systems cabinet stand, (2) Perfecto 48" strip lights with Vita-Lite Power Twists, Aqualogy Bio-Grade Plus Undergravel filter, (2) Hagen Aquaclear 800 power heads, Eheim 2217 canister filter with Chemi-Pure, Hawaiian Marine Angstrom 2537 UV sterilizer

Post by Doug » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:26 pm

By "old people", you must mean over age 13...

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:41 am

Gerwin wrote:what the heck! no one found this funny? blah this must be the old people forums :problem: :crazy:
It's just that you are like a day, wait, make that 6 months late,,,, we done seen it,,, bahbhahahahahaha :lol: :lol:
I personally would like to see the next playing of the "fart game",,,, NOW THAT WAS FUNNY!!!! :mrgreen:

Doug
Site Admin
My SetUp: 1984: 90 gal. saltwater, O'Dell tank, Oceanic Systems cabinet stand, (2) Perfecto 48" strip lights with Vita-Lite Power Twists, Aqualogy Bio-Grade Plus Undergravel filter, (2) Hagen Aquaclear 800 power heads, Eheim 2217 canister filter with Chemi-Pure, Hawaiian Marine Angstrom 2537 UV sterilizer

Post by Doug » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:05 am

Actually, this reminded me of something from way back in the early SW hobby days. There was a store back in the 70s, in a not-so-big town in LA that was run by a husband and wife who fancied themselves a swinging couple. They had, according to what I was told, a "special" saltwater room in the back of the store, its doorway covered by dark curtains, where the fish prices were markedly higher than in the other public areas of the store. If you shopped in this particular room, however, you were waited on by shall-we-say "partially-clad" young women.

brianjoy81
Discus Member

Post by brianjoy81 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Now that's funny!!

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:57 pm

Doug wrote:Actually, this reminded me of something from way back in the early SW hobby days. There was a store back in the 70s, in a not-so-big town in LA that was run by a husband and wife who fancied themselves a swinging couple. They had, according to what I was told, a "special" saltwater room in the back of the store, its doorway covered by dark curtains, where the fish prices were markedly higher than in the other public areas of the store. If you shopped in this particular room, however, you were waited on by shall-we-say "partially-clad" young women.
Is it still open :D

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:03 pm

Sandy wrote:
Gerwin wrote:what the heck! no one found this funny? blah this must be the old people forums :problem: :crazy:
It's just that you are like a day, wait, make that 6 months late,,,, we done seen it,,, bahbhahahahahaha :lol: :lol:
I personally would like to see the next playing of the "fart game",,,, NOW THAT WAS FUNNY!!!! :mrgreen:
:problem: hmm I did have chili dogs for dinner...

Chef Steve
Discus Member
My SetUp: 29 gallon saltwater tank (coral in future hopefully)

Post by Chef Steve » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Man I need to find that fish store lol. And Gerwin- I feel sorry for whoever plays the fart game with you after that meal. Might have to wake them up to ask.!!!

Chef Steve
Discus Member
My SetUp: 29 gallon saltwater tank (coral in future hopefully)

Post by Chef Steve » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:12 pm

video====check never ask for crabs at fish store when meeting women...!!!