everybody in tank rubbing

A "friendly forum" for those just starting out in aquarium keeping. No question is too basic, so don't hesitate to ask!
cedawood
Guppy Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

everybody in tank rubbing

Post by cedawood » Mon May 28, 2012 7:49 pm

Hey I went on tue and g gave me meds for my fish cause i thought i saw dots on my yellow tang. i started the treatment on tue and again on thurs. At first my trigger was the only fish rubbing now my clown puffer koran are all rubbing but not the tang. what else should i do

Gerwin
Discus Member

Re: everybody in tank rubbing

Post by Gerwin » Tue May 29, 2012 6:13 am

so did "I thought I saw spots" become " I see spots"?
you may drop salinity down to 1.016-017, and even increase temp to 82 but you must keep with the medicine as it states, make sure you removed carbon filtration etc as recommended, if you did not than call me so I can tell you what to do. Hell call me anyway for a follow up :thumbup:

cedawood
Guppy Member

Post by cedawood » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:08 pm

Well after talking with Roger I did a 20% water change and put a half cap of treatment in and dropped the salinity then the next day the trigger died And that night the Koran. So all together I lost the Lawnmower golby, trigger, yellow tang, pufer and koran. The sole surviver is my clown and my banded shrimp and velvet hermit. Should I make a sump or get a canisters filter with the UV sterilizer in it. Remember money is always an issue for me. I want soft coral and more fish. Help o and buy fish from g only I learned the hard way

goalk33p3r
Discus Member

Post by goalk33p3r » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:52 am

Set up a little 20 tank and make it your quarantine tank. When ever you get new fish you put them in there first and check and see if they have ich or any other kinda disease. You keep them in there for about 2 weeks to make sure they are healthy and eating right before you add them into your display tank. I also learned that a very hard way but it is the best investment. And also are you running a uv in your tank right now?

cedawood
Guppy Member

Post by cedawood » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:58 am

No and I am using mechanical filters

goalk33p3r
Discus Member

Post by goalk33p3r » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:18 pm

For the kinda fish you had in there I would highly highly recommend getting a uv sterilizer first off. Tangs and angels are ich magnets and uv helps keep the tank healthy just make sure to change the bulb every six months. What size tank do you have? What kinda filter do you have? I have been in this hobby for 3 years so far and absolutely love it. I have had 3 different tanks working on getting my fourth and it's all bc of the help I get from the guys and girls on this website. Espeacially gerwin and roger. Don't ever be afraid of asking questions. I have had mechanical filters on all of my tanks and been doing fine. Good luck

cedawood
Guppy Member

Post by cedawood » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks. I have 75 gallon with the 3 mechanical filters on the back. Am using my small protein Skimmer because the super Skimmer keeps filling up with good water. I don't have a sump. I think I need a power head UV sterilizer because I want tangs angel fish and soft corals. I didn't know if my filters were sufficient they are the kind pet smart sells. I also have a 120 gallon tank that was set up for fresh water with stand and Hood nothing else that I don't need cause the glass on the bottom cracked