Lost mushroom coral

A "friendly forum" for those just starting out in aquarium keeping. No question is too basic, so don't hesitate to ask!
eric the red
Discus Member
My SetUp: Equipment: 225 gallon (72x30x24), 3 radion pros, 2 48" t5s (ato blue plus), 2 mp40s, full apex with ph probe, wxm module, brs gfo reactor, reef octopus nwb200, DIY ATO with Kalk in reservoir water, two micom dosers (dosing 2 part) Livestock is mostly zoas/palys and sps. I also have quite a selection of high end Lps on the sand bed.

Lost mushroom coral

Post by eric the red » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:15 pm

I recently purchased a loose mushroom from Just Fish for $10. I put it in a cup with some rubble rock so it could attach. A couple days later it disappeared. I think it might be under my live rock. The question is will it find a way out on its own or should I chalk it up as a lost?

TJW68
Swordtail Member
My SetUp: Mixed reef 100 Gal with 30 long sump.(Reef octopus skimmer, Pharos LED's, Koralia power heads and SmartWave Wave Pump Timer, Reef Oct Return Pump, & a heater.
2nd tank is 36 gallon bow front LPS Reef(fluval 305, Reef Oct HOB 2000, 120 Watt PC)

Re: Lost mushroom coral

Post by TJW68 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:15 pm

He probably did find his way out and attached to some rock. I learned to put netting across top with rubber band when fragging zoas and shrooms. Any little current will pop them out, or a curious fish checking it out could blow them out. Hope you find him, goodluck

goalk33p3r
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by goalk33p3r » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:10 pm

And if it found a place to attach to you should see it soon. They kinda shrivel up at night and the the lights kick on and bam it will be huge again

eric the red
Discus Member
My SetUp: Equipment: 225 gallon (72x30x24), 3 radion pros, 2 48" t5s (ato blue plus), 2 mp40s, full apex with ph probe, wxm module, brs gfo reactor, reef octopus nwb200, DIY ATO with Kalk in reservoir water, two micom dosers (dosing 2 part) Livestock is mostly zoas/palys and sps. I also have quite a selection of high end Lps on the sand bed.

Post by eric the red » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Thanks for the quick replies. Its hard to not to stress the small stuff. I will just be patient and maybe one day find a small colony of blue mushrooms. LOL!

eric the red
Discus Member

Post by eric the red » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:11 pm

I found my mushroom coral! It was in my hob filter. I have it in a cup with gravel again. Only this time I have a net over the top with a rubber band securing it. I'm not going to let that happen again.