Glass Cleaning *Warning* how cheap are you?

A "friendly forum" for those just starting out in aquarium keeping. No question is too basic, so don't hesitate to ask!
Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Glass Cleaning *Warning* how cheap are you?

Post by Gerwin » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:52 am

So I figured I better make this post before anyone else who reads makes the mistake 2 others in the past 2 weeks have come in and told me....

That 'gentle pot scrubber you have,the one thats says won't scratch ** that looks like the same pad I sell for 2.49-2.99, may not be safe for glass!!!! Yes it may look the same, yes you may be able to get like 5 of them for 2.99, but ask my freinds with the 180 tank , or the 75 if it was worth it?

Now I titled it, how cheap are you...that was more to get you to read as I know how cheap all of you are ...ROFLMAO....uh um...excuse me for having some fun....most folks make this mistake as matter of ease, such as they are ready to clean tank NOW and I am not open and that pad looks just like the one at the fish store......well you see how it goes.

Some of these pads at Wally World pot section may work, maybe that thing hanging in your pantry may work, but really folks is it worth riskiing to stare at a bunch of cloudy glass for the next ___ years?

What I do know is for over 20 years I have been doing tank Maint. outside of shop, using the Algae Pads I sell, have not scratched a tank yet, (just dont get a piece of sand/ coral/ gravel/ snail etc) between pad and glass :thumbdown:

smtwinn
Angel Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: Glass Cleaning *Warning* how cheap are you?

Post by smtwinn » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:30 pm

Solution to the problem Pass Rd Pets aka Just fish should be open 7 days week!! for emergencies!!

JimmyZ19
Angel Member
My SetUp: 90 Gallon Mixed Reef born on 24 November 2012.

Re: Glass Cleaning *Warning* how cheap are you?

Post by JimmyZ19 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:15 am

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser....