LESSONS LEARNED!!!

A "friendly forum" for those just starting out in aquarium keeping. No question is too basic, so don't hesitate to ask!
fire905safety
Guppy Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

LESSONS LEARNED!!!

Post by fire905safety » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:18 pm

I have come to the conclusion that the guys at Just fish don't get the recognition that they should.

I was always taught that it's good to learn from your mistakes but even better to learn from other people’s mistake. Hopefully someone may learn from mine, and here they are.

Before I met Gerwin and Rog, I relied on the internet to solve problems with my tank. To make a long story short, I killed dozens of fish, grew algae that had to be cut back with scissors, and deep fried corals. Any time I had a problem, I went online to find a “Magic Remedy” that all I had to do was dose every day until the problem was gone. Let’s face the facts, it’s not that easy. Problems in an aquarium don’t fix themselves overnight or even in a few days. After throwing away hundreds or even a couple thousand dollars in a 24 gal tank, I almost threw in the towel. I decided to get rid of the small tank and go bigger, with a 135. The difference this time was that I had Gerwin and Rog’s advice from the start. My tank has been up and running for a little over a year with only a few “hiccups”. I now have a wonderful reef tank that I am proud to show off when people come over. The main difference is that the internet just doesn’t compare to the knowledge and experience that can the found at Just Fish.

For anyone new to the hobby or just interested in it, I would highly recommend not doing it alone. The bits of advice that didn’t cost me anything from Gerwin and Rog would have saved me a ton of money if I would have started there.

PS- The next time that I am talking to Gerwin about fish stuff and someone randomly walks up to say that I can go to Amazon.com to buy something cheaper and better might just find themselves looking like an idiot when I go off on them. I don’t care how much something costs, I’m buying it from Just Fish, even if he has to order it for me.

PSS- Gerwin, enjoy that new heater fan.

Your help is always greatly appreciated

Tim

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Re: LESSONS LEARNED!!!

Post by Sandy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:30 pm

:thumbup:

Shadow1
Discus Member
My SetUp: 300DD Reef, 30 Nuvo Breeding Clowns, 30 QT/Grow out.

Re: LESSONS LEARNED!!!

Post by Shadow1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:14 pm

What I find interesting is most of the online prices are so close to Gerwins prices that you really are not saving anything by buying on line. He has yet to tell me no he would not get what I wanted.

Unless I didnt need it...... :evil: