Bud's new 125

Share Photos of Your Fish and Aquariums
Bud
Angel Member
My SetUp: My set up:125 gl, Diablo Skimmer, 4 maxspect led, 125lbs + live rock, sand base, rose bubble tip anemone, mini carpet, 2 pair Perc and tomato clowns, yellow tang, coral beauty, red hawkfish, miss gobies and clean up crew. Corals: multiple leathers, acro's, mushrooms, donut, plate, etc... and growing

Bud's new 125

Post by Bud » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:23 pm

https://picasaweb.google.com/1124025460 ... puq5fyd0wE

Here's the new tank and cast of characters. Aquascape has changed nice these pictures with abou 75 lbs of new live rock. Would love some help with coral ID. Comments and suggestions welcome.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: Bud's new 125

Post by Redfish » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:34 am

Tank looks very :mrgreen: nice, and your right, the stand came out good. I like the amount of rock you had in the tank when you took the pics. Might need a few more fish though, but your off to a good start with some nice corals.

Bud
Angel Member
My SetUp: My set up:125 gl, Diablo Skimmer, 4 maxspect led, 125lbs + live rock, sand base, rose bubble tip anemone, mini carpet, 2 pair Perc and tomato clowns, yellow tang, coral beauty, red hawkfish, miss gobies and clean up crew. Corals: multiple leathers, acro's, mushrooms, donut, plate, etc... and growing

Post by Bud » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:01 am

Thanks, fish will be coming. I added the lawnmower blenny and more to come. I'm thinking about a group of green anthis to get some movement and activity and there is another tang in my future. Stocking suggestions are always welcome. Thangs again,

Bud

Dragont
Angel Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Dragont » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:41 am

Bud wrote:Thanks, fish will be coming. I added the lawnmower blenny and more to come. I'm thinking about a group of green anthis to get some movement and activity and there is another tang in my future. Stocking suggestions are always welcome. Thangs again,

Bud
Hey bud I'm not familiar with any green anthias. Wut species are those? I wouldn't mind looking into picking up some different color anthias. I have a trio of dispars right now.

Bud
Angel Member

Post by Bud » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Tim, a friend in Florida has some that are light green, a little darker than the green chromis. I don't know the specific name, but I'll ask him next time I talk to him. He also has dispar and a another that is colored like the fairy wrasse (don't know the name of them either).

Bud

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:08 pm

Hey bud I'm not familiar with any green anthias. Wut species are those? I wouldn't mind looking into picking up some different color anthias. I have a trio of dispars right now.[/quote]

Skip the fish,,, Buy more Corals :lol:

Bud
Angel Member

Post by Bud » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:06 pm

My friend said were Huthci (sp). He bought from lfs in Orlando. He started with 5 about the same size and is down to a lone fish. I recall his being a little darker green than the few pictures I saw online. Apparently pretty aggressive towards each other.