A Few New Corals

Share Photos of Your Fish and Aquariums
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

A Few New Corals

Post by Redfish » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:55 pm

Got a few new corals today's, I should have waited till tomorrow to post the pic's as the corals are a bit deflated after coming out of Grewins tank and into mine. The polyps, this pic doesn't do them any justice. I know its supposed to be an SPS tank, but just couldn't pass up these corals.

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Re: A Few New Corals

Post by bluwtr » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:23 pm

Great looking pieces Pete! Those Solymia are awesome! What are the thrid? I would guess an Acan, but then again, it doesn't look quite right.

:thumbup:

Archie
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Archie » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:35 am

bluwtr wrote:Great looking pieces Pete! Those "Scolymia" are awesome! What are the thrid? I would guess an Acan, but then again, it doesn't look quite right.

:thumbup:
edited for you
Last edited by Archie on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:37 am

I think Roger called them Blastos or something like that, don't know to much about the coral type, other than they look nice. They have a hard bottom to them, like an Acan, you have to cut them with a saw to frag them, they also deflated on the way home. Gerwin had told that they really didn't have much pop to them under the LED lights :) he was wrong :lol: they really look great. I just couldn't pass the up the coral with that many polyps on it, they came out of a tank that was being taken down. I fed the solymia corals last nite, and then they were wanting more, next time I feed them I will give them a bit that a bit more later.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:24 am

I was speaking in relation to the scolymias, imo they do not ping like that green and red but they will look nice for sure

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:42 am

Lol! Thanks Archie. I was falling asleep when I was typing. Surprised I didn't call it a soil sample!

goalk33p3r
Discus Member

Post by goalk33p3r » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:12 pm

Those are awesome looking coral

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Dang Pete!!! Just jump right on in!!! They look great!

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:47 am

The Blastos are doing good in the tank so far, seemed to have picked a good spot for them on the first try. The Scolys, the green one seems to be doing good, have it on the sand bed in full light, not sure what the PAR is, the orange one has me a bit confused, its also on the sand bed, it expands and retracts during the day, so I moved it to where it is kinda shaded some what under a ledge. I will be keeping a close eye on them for awhile though, just don't want to move them much and get them confused.

bluwtr
Discus Member

Post by bluwtr » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:53 pm

Have you taret fed your Scolyis? I feed mine either Spectrum pellets or a piece of anchovy every once in a while--they LOVE to eat. The last time I gave mine the anchovy, I was amazed at how fast it closed around it.

Glad to hear they are all doing well. Make Bert take some more pics!

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:22 pm

bluwtr wrote:Have you taret fed your Scolyis? I feed mine either Spectrum pellets or a piece of anchovy every once in a while--they LOVE to eat. The last time I gave mine the anchovy, I was amazed at how fast it closed around it.

Glad to hear they are all doing well. Make Bert take some more pics!
I fed them Thursday and just fed them again before I got on line just now :D They can really do some eaten, I fed them Mysis shrimp.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:36 am

Yellow wrasse is here

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:01 am

:D :D :D :D I will be in first chance I can to pick him up Maybe today :D :D :D :D

bluwtr
Discus Member

Post by bluwtr » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:28 pm

Well, when you do, make sure to take good care of your wrasse, but also be sure to show your wrasse!

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:36 pm

:lol: :lol: