A few new pics

Share Photos of Your Fish and Aquariums
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

A few new pics

Post by Redfish » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:04 pm

Our newest fish

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Re: A few new pics

Post by bluwtr » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:29 pm

Looking great Pete. Man, yellow fish look great in a tank. That color just explodes. :thumbup:

Archie
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Archie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:20 am

lookiong good pete.
one thing i noticed about your live rock. is that green algae or cyano? can see bubbles on the green surface in some of the pics.
are your running any gfo, and if so what are po4 readings?
later

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Archie wrote:lookiong good pete.
one thing i noticed about your live rock. is that green algae or cyano? can see bubbles on the green surface in some of the pics.
are your running any gfo, and if so what are po4 readings?
later
Its a fine Green algae, don't know if "fine" is the right word, but its not thick, its like a green coating on the top sides of the rock. I really don't see any bubbles though, I do see some purple specks starting to appear on the rock, a dot here and a dot there. I am running GFO, a pretty good bit, although I might have tried to stretch the last batch maybe a week and a half to long before changing :roll: I don't know what the po4 readings are, I will check it and get you a number.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Just did the test with a Salifert test kit, its showing 0 PO4. The water after the test was crystal clear.

Kouki Monster
Swordtail Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Kouki Monster » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:23 pm

I had the same type of algae on my rock when it was brand new but it goes away in like a month. Your tank looks good so far man. I was one of the guys that helped yall move it from truck to truck. I like the dimensions.