my tyree bgm growth pics...

Share Photos of Your Fish and Aquariums
Dragont
Angel Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

my tyree bgm growth pics...

Post by Dragont » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:59 am

this is when i brought it home. it was a gift from my brother-in-law around the end of april '11... its at the bottom right...

this pic was 7/5/11...

and this is 9/7/11... 25+ eyes

Dragont
Angel Member

Re: my tyree bgm growth pics...

Post by Dragont » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:00 am

this whole colony will be up for sale soon... along with my end of summer frag sale!!!! y'all get ready!!!

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Very nice No way I would frag it cut it or sell it

don
Angel Member

Post by don » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:05 pm

let me pawn my left testicle and i'll be first in line!!! lol lolo :think:

Dragont
Angel Member

Post by Dragont » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:30 am

Thanks guys... Seriously though I would like to try and sell this colony locally first and hope to get somewhere near my asking price seeing that this tyree chalice still goes for ~$60/eye in Dallas where my frag came from. I'll start a FS thread when I'm ready.

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:25 am

Awesome piece!! Looks great.

Can't wait to see what you are selling! Any idea what you are going to ask for it?

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:25 am

Dragont wrote:Thanks guys... Seriously though I would like to try and sell this colony locally first and hope to get somewhere near my asking price seeing that this tyree chalice still goes for ~$60/eye in Dallas where my frag came from. I'll start a FS thread when I'm ready.
you know I sold a nice fat one and I mean fatty for 125.00..... 2.5-3" in Dia. Sat., granted it was not Tyree, it Was Geree.....LOL

Dragont
Angel Member

Post by Dragont » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:20 am

Oh yea? Wow Thas a nice price. Well u know Thas how it goes when u get into name brand stuff. The person who I got it from i consider a high end collector. He purchased 3 1-eye chalice frags at a recent frag swap in Dallas for $100 each. One's a pink watermelon, bazooka Joe and I forget the other, all tyree. And these were 1/2"-3/4" frags. So everything's still worth as much as someone's willing to pay for it. I know there are some high end collectors here in MS somewhere I just haven't met them yet.

Dragont
Angel Member

Post by Dragont » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:12 am

Hey guys thought y'all would like an update on my bgm colony. I never got around to selling it as a whole so this I what it looks like now. At least 4" across and 65+ eyes at last count which was a few weeks ago:

March 16, 2012

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:54 am

Awesome is all I can say :)

evo832psi
Discus Member

Post by evo832psi » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:31 pm

Where do you have it in the tank? I have a couple similar pieces, but mine arent growing anywhere near that good. Any insight? Thanks

goalk33p3r
Discus Member

Post by goalk33p3r » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:54 am

You have to see it in person to really take it in this piece of coral was awesome

Dragont
Angel Member

Post by Dragont » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:36 am

evo832psi wrote:Where do you have it in the tank? I have a couple similar pieces, but mine arent growing anywhere near that good. Any insight? Thanks
Sorry for the late reply. Lots have happened since your last post. Didn't mean to ignore your question. Since I moved, my BGM colony is sitting directly under my single 250w MH about 22". I have 3 vortechs running in my little tank so I'd say I have a pretty decent amount of indirect flow. I used to feed it frozen mysis or just flakes and pellets a couple times a week. I've noticed higher growth rate when you spot feed corals.

I have never noticed some of my other chalices extend any feeder tentacles so that makes it very hard to spot feed. In this case I would have to shut down all flow and let food settle on coral and I'd notice each mouth open up to take in food. Most of the time that's too much work for me so all they get is good ole sunlight. Lol...

Hope this helps and I'll get a couple of updated pics for you guys.

eric the red
Discus Member
My SetUp: Equipment: 225 gallon (72x30x24), 3 radion pros, 2 48" t5s (ato blue plus), 2 mp40s, full apex with ph probe, wxm module, brs gfo reactor, reef octopus nwb200, DIY ATO with Kalk in reservoir water, two micom dosers (dosing 2 part) Livestock is mostly zoas/palys and sps. I also have quite a selection of high end Lps on the sand bed.

Post by eric the red » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:25 pm

Great pics! Thats got to be one of my favorite corals.