300 DD

Blog the Progress of Your Aquarium
Shadow1
Discus Member
My SetUp: 300DD Reef, 30 Nuvo Breeding Clowns, 30 QT/Grow out.

Re: 300 DD

Post by Shadow1 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:25 am

Mounted the Radions assembled the manifold, placed one sump and verified measurements for the 2nd. I sill have tons of space underneath total sump capacity is 70 gallons and ATO is 29 gallons. Got a G Man text expected delivery of tank is the 26th :clap: first day I am supposed to have off between today and then working straight 12's. May need help swapping between trucks not sure how that will happen I am sure it is heavy. Got 2 new FDA water drums so I now have a total of 150 gallons of R/O holding capacity will only need to fill them twice to get tank running. I have to get a recharge for my D/I I presume this will wipe it out. I am still sure I am missing something but will determine that when the tome comes. Going to have to throw a BBQ or something to get everyone to make the trip up here once it's running. :thumbup:

acbaro
Angel Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by acbaro » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:55 am

Wow definitely can't wait to see this finished! :thumbup:

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:48 pm

By choice I have moved delivery out to May 10. This is one project that I have not been in a real hurry over. The tank is ready but my schedule will not allow it. Gerwin and Roger even offered to store the tank and let me pick it up way late at night. I decided it was better to wait and move it as little as possible. I am looking for a small set up 29 gal or so to use as a QT tank. Need stand tank HOB? Got lights what else does it need?

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Screen top in case you get any jumpers, the meds., PraziPro, Cupramine and Furan 2, some pvc fittings for the fish to hide in, a heater, small power head. Save some water out of your running tank from the next water change to put into the Quarintine tank. Good to go

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Fri May 04, 2012 10:30 am

6 days and counting, :clap: I guess we will spend most of the day at the store waiting on delivery and then make the trek to Hattiesburg for set up. Filling and checking for leaks will be the hardest part so far :thumbdown: . Finally having it in place and no being able to put it together. Canopy and cabinet are ready, sump in place along with pumps got 200 gallons of R/O made up and with the water from the existing 125 I should be about ready :mrgreen: . Still watching for large pieces of rock anyone have any they want to get rid of let me know, got 18 square feet of bottom surface to work with I anticipate making towers/columns in part of it and then a wall on another area will have to have it in place and see.

addicted2coral
Guppy Member

Post by addicted2coral » Tue May 08, 2012 8:47 am

as far as setting up quarentine, i have set up tanks in one day lots of times.. just done it twice this past week... you just gotta have the bacteria.. the tank water helps.. but if you put a small piece of live rock in there too you should have little to no ammonia spike.. and even if you do have faint ammonia it will never make it to testable levels of nitrite.. at least in my experience..

o yeah... you know me... i am the big guy from you FAVORITE car shop!! i also live in petal i would love to see you setups, my 125 broke, this is why i have had to set up tanks immediatly lately.. i got the new tank in and all my fish and live stock are in prop tanks in my spare room... if you need any help and i am off i will be glad to help... may not be good for much of anything but a strong(well kinda strong) back, but that comes in handy..

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:16 pm

2 days and counting. G man remind me to get the 2 little tanks from you one 20 L and one 30 L. Just talked to my moving guys, $50.00 and they will come offload and put in place with insurance. I think that is lots better than me doing it after all close to 500 pounds....I have placed several filter pieces in the sump for QT set up so biologics should not be an issue. Biggest shortage right now is going to be rock. I have enough to get system up just will want more for astetics.

Doug
Site Admin
My SetUp: 1984: 90 gal. saltwater, O'Dell tank, Oceanic Systems cabinet stand, (2) Perfecto 48" strip lights with Vita-Lite Power Twists, Aqualogy Bio-Grade Plus Undergravel filter, (2) Hagen Aquaclear 800 power heads, Eheim 2217 canister filter with Chemi-Pure, Hawaiian Marine Angstrom 2537 UV sterilizer

Post by Doug » Wed May 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Tank has been transferred from TX to the LA warehouse. Out for delivery tomorrow.

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Wed May 09, 2012 5:16 pm

Thanks Doug, tomorrow starts the major work hope to have it running by Sunday sometime and livestock transfer starting next weekend. Hope it does not leak. :clap:

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Thu May 10, 2012 7:39 pm

3months later... We have a tank in the truck waiting on moving folks to get here and bring it in. Ask Ger and Rog this is one heavy beast. Got a 20 long for ATO and a 30 for QT will try to post a few pics once on the cabinet. Gerwin posted a pic of it in the back of my truck on Facebook. 36 wide what can I say this will be great. Want to thank both Gerwin and Roger for their help getting us this far, may cuss him before it's over who knows.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Thu May 10, 2012 8:10 pm

Congrats :clap: Can't wait for the pic's 36" wide, man thats sweettttt

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Sat May 12, 2012 6:22 am

I have now remembered a few things and learned a few more. First old age will slow you down :thumbdown: . Second wireless items talk to everything even the ones you do not want them to :shock: With 2 full systems in one room once you power up they link to each other every time.
We have the DD with about 150 gallons and no filter to run so water is fairly cloudy Radions spoke with MP 60 and reset to it so have to move computer to get back on schedule for the lights and every time I power up the new MP 60 the old system slaves over :mrgreen: took a while to figure that one out. So the next 2 days will make up the rest of the RO water and get ready for the swap would post pics but cannot do it from my I Pad. I programmed the lights 3 weeks ago and guess they did not hold programming really not sure will be glad when they upgrade for apple wireless control from Eco Tech. All in all the system is massive about 6'7" tall and looks pretty cool in the middle of the room will post up pics hopefully Sunday.

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Mon May 14, 2012 5:48 pm

side view still clowdy
angle front left
angle front right
If I have the code for pics screwd up let me know
Total of 9 hours for the transfer did not take a lot of pics as this is Becky's Mothers Day present :clap:

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Mon May 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Front View

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Mon May 14, 2012 5:53 pm

PUt the r on the other side of the slash

rimg /rimg

Can't wait to see these shots!!!