Eric's 30 Gal mixed reef

Blog the Progress of Your Aquarium
eric the red
Discus Member
My SetUp: Equipment: 225 gallon (72x30x24), 3 radion pros, 2 48" t5s (ato blue plus), 2 mp40s, full apex with ph probe, wxm module, brs gfo reactor, reef octopus nwb200, DIY ATO with Kalk in reservoir water, two micom dosers (dosing 2 part) Livestock is mostly zoas/palys and sps. I also have quite a selection of high end Lps on the sand bed.

Re: Eric's 30 Gal mixed reef

Post by eric the red » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:25 pm

Today I got my reef test kit. My calcium is 420 and my alkalinity is 9. I think my alk is a little high. Should I continue to add the 2 part buffer? Everything seems to be doing good. Im going to test again tomorrow. And again the day after. If my level stays the same for those three days then Im going to only test once a week. Should I test before or after my water change?

Shadow1
Discus Member
My SetUp: 300DD Reef, 30 Nuvo Breeding Clowns, 30 QT/Grow out.

Post by Shadow1 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:00 pm

I am no expert I test before any changes that way I know what happens week to week. I presume the long term results would be the same after water changes as long as you test the same each time. Also test the same time of day. My opinion Is still leave the dosing alone till you have an idea what is being used. You need to give it a couple of days or even a week with no dosing to see what is being used. Then establish a dosing routine decide where you want levels to be CA 450? ALK 8.2 or 9? Dose up to that check in 3 days dose back up check again in 3 days then you will have an average use over 3 days. Dose and check weekly, Archie or Scott and a lot of others are better at it then me..

eric the red
Discus Member
My SetUp: Equipment: 225 gallon (72x30x24), 3 radion pros, 2 48" t5s (ato blue plus), 2 mp40s, full apex with ph probe, wxm module, brs gfo reactor, reef octopus nwb200, DIY ATO with Kalk in reservoir water, two micom dosers (dosing 2 part) Livestock is mostly zoas/palys and sps. I also have quite a selection of high end Lps on the sand bed.

Post by eric the red » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:52 pm

Im really beginning to see some growth on all my coral. My lobophyllia looks like he might be want to split soon. :D

eric the red
Discus Member

Post by eric the red » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:29 pm

I have been quarantining my blue tang for 31 days. I finally acclimated him and put him back in my 30 gal. Hopefully all goes well. My current fish in this tank are 4 blue green chromis which one died. A firefish goby. And a blue tang. I recently added a peppermint shrimp to eat some aiptasia but he died. I cant seem to keep a shrimp in this tank.

eric the red
Discus Member

Post by eric the red » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:02 pm

I didnt realize how shy these firefish gobies are. After I put him in my 30 gal I didnt see him for 2 days. I thought it died until it finally popped his head out this morning.

eric the red
Discus Member

Post by eric the red » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:33 am

Wow, it's been a while sicne I've poste anything on this thread. This tank is no longer running. It's crazy looking at the date I the last post. I've upgraded 3x since then. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk