What have you done for your tank this week?

Blog the Progress of Your Aquarium
Shadow1
Discus Member
My SetUp: 300DD Reef, 30 Nuvo Breeding Clowns, 30 QT/Grow out.

Re: What have you done for your tank this week?

Post by Shadow1 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:00 am

There is a trick to using photobucket you have to put the letter "r" inside the brackets to resize it I don't remember exactly how. I think it looks like [rimg]. Is what I seem to remember you have to put the r in both sets of brackets. I was running a mag5 I think on my TLF 550 reactor to get them to tumble.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:00 pm

You have to post your pics to a site like Photo Bucket, its free

http://photobucket.com/browse

Then when you have the pics posted there, click on the pic you want to post in the forum, to the right of the pic you will see a img code, copy and paste that in the forum and your pic will appear when you hit the submit button in the forum. What I do is write an email, like you were sending it to someone, write what you want, copy and paste the img code in the email, when I have it the way that I want, I copy and paste the whole email in the forum and then hit submit. There is a down side that I haven't figured out yet, if you do let me know how you did it :) You can only post pic's in the forum, that are 800 pixels no larger. My pics must be larger than that when I post them into photo bucket, I have to figure out how to resize them either before or after they are in photo bucket. As far as your GFO tumbling, just a thought here, switch to PO 4X4, Gerwin sells it, that Phosphate media doesn't need to tumble.

We were answering at the same time Richard :)

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Gerwin » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:29 am

just added 2 Radions to my discus tank....take that Live Plants!

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:51 pm

I think I may clean my glass today! And IF they are lucky, feed my fish! :lol: :lol: :lol:

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:48 am

HA!!! I'm WAY ahead of you Sandy. I cleaned my glass AND fed my fish on the same day. I even changed my filter sock and cleaned my skimmer cup. Boo-ya!!! :clap:

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:18 pm

Well Wes... ya beat me! lol And a migraine beat out the fish and tank. Actually did all of that today, even the sock thing. The poor fish were using crab shells to knock on the glass to get my attention! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:12 pm

LOL! Yes, a migraine trumps all (I bow in defeat)! I think I've actually seen my fish flip me off a few times :shifty:

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:32 am

NOTHING

Sending Becky to the shop for supplies, salt,no3po4x, pick up our coral add a Harliquin Shrimp, while I work. Maybe Sunday get something done but still got to work till 6 what a PITA.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:33 am

:clap: I got the Marine Betta to eat Pellet food this week :D so now I can stop feeding Frozen Mysis Shrimp to the tank, have been feeding pellets to the tank for 4 days now, no frozen Mysis Shrimp, thats a first. I got my Phosphate number down to 0.00 :D Now if I can just get this new Skimmer dialed in just right :roll: SPS Corals will be coming to a tank near you soon. Not there yet, but almost.

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:44 am

Sat water change on 2 tanks, partial rescape on the 300 and a GFO change, trip to frag swap and to Just Fish, got 2 small colonies there for a total of 11 new specimens. Looking for 3 or 4 nice red or orange pieces and sit back to watch it all grow.
Today verify levels and chill.
Redfish proud for you getting dialed in and getting the Betta to eat

smtwinn
Angel Member

Post by smtwinn » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:37 pm

water change, some rock scaping, and cleaning...Need some more CRACK water (9) and Coral Amino GERWIN!!!!!

MPowell
Discus Member

Post by MPowell » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:49 pm

Shadow1 wrote:Looking for 3 or 4 nice red or orange pieces and sit back to watch it all grow.
I've got a bunch of orange digi if you don't have any of that already.

Austin
Minnow Member

Post by Austin » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:34 pm

CaptJohn wrote:I called every glass shop on the coast and nobody would drill my 90gal tank. So after doing some research on HOB over flow boxes, I choose a lifereef overflow. Got that and a mag drive 9.5 ordered, should arrive this coming week. Plan on building a new stand on Monday. Went by Gerwins and picked out a new reef octopus skimmer, and a 40 breeder for the sump. I have never built a sump before but it doesnt look to hard. I know what I want out of it, and have some drawings I did. So we'll see how it goes. ( fingers crossed) Oh and I added 50# of live rock I bought from Henry a couple weeks ago. That brings my total rock to around 140# give r take. Gotta do some rearranging when I move the tank onto new stand. Looking forward to getting the sump and all set up. Little nervous about the HOB overflow. Hope I don't regret it.. :D
I had mine drilled for $20 bucks at American Glass Services on Pass Road in Gulfport.. give em a call!

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:31 pm

MPowell wrote:
Shadow1 wrote:Looking for 3 or 4 nice red or orange pieces and sit back to watch it all grow.
Want to cut a couple of frags? I will swap or buy if so. PM me.

MPowell
Discus Member

Post by MPowell » Fri May 03, 2013 5:47 pm

Shadow1 wrote:
MPowell wrote:
Want to cut a couple of frags? I will swap or buy if so. PM me.
Yeah, I can cut you a couple of frags and leave them at Gerwins. I'll have to see if I have any frag plugs or mount discs.