What have you done for your tank this week?

Blog the Progress of Your Aquarium
Shadow1
Discus Member
My SetUp: 300DD Reef, 30 Nuvo Breeding Clowns, 30 QT/Grow out.

What have you done for your tank this week?

Post by Shadow1 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:03 am

Just a thought to get some activity.

Today I am working on a thru the skimmer 40 gallon water change did a full levels check also thats for the 300. Going to rework return plumbing cause I am getting micro bubbles from someplace. I am also going to Hammond later for a Free Frag Party. Them Cajuns got it figured out. :crazy:

I am doing a 25 gallon change on the 125, 5 gallons each on the 30's. Tomorrow.

What about you?

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: What have you done for your tank this week?

Post by Redfish » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:04 pm

Sunday I am going to take the Algae Scrubber apart for its first cleaning, I have rinsed the screen twice but haven't cleaned the Scrubber its self. I have something wrong with my Gaming adaptor that comes off of the Apex, am going to try and figure that out, am sure that I won't be able to fix that though. I am wondering if I can just run a wire from the Apex to the computer, might be better for me. I have lost a fish in the tank, a Blue Chromis (sp) I don't see him in the tank anywhere, am wondering if he jumped into the overflow box :( I have a screen mesh over the tank but they can jump into the overflow box. I am also going to look at Photo Bucket and try and figure out if there is a way to resize pics in there. That ought to keep me busy till the race come's on.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:25 pm

Lets hear it, I know someone has done something to their tank this week end :)

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:31 am

I got my Wireless connection to the Apex back to working, I still haven't got my Refurbished AI LED controller in yet, if it doesn't come in today I am getting Premium Aquatics to Express Mail me one. Gerwin got my new NexReef reactor in the other day, I bought it to run Carbon, I bought the medium sized reactor, its kinda big for just Carbon, I am going to use this to run GFO. I ordered another NexReef Reactor for the Carbon, they make a Shorty reactor that is half the size of the Medium sized reactor, more suited for running a cup or two of carbon. If you want a reactor for running Carbon or GFO, look at one of these Reactors, so much better built than the Bulk Reef or 2 Fishes reactor JMO and at just $79, not that bad of a price for a quality made reactor :) It came with a pump also, can't beat that. The next step for my system, getting my water quality ready for SPS corals :) I was going to order the AI Sol light upgrades to the Vega lights for my AI Sol lights. I have rethought that idea for the time being.

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:08 am

I fed my fish,, does that count! Seems like that is about all the attention it gets for now. :wtf:

gpd605x
Guppy Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by gpd605x » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:40 am

Bought a new Quad T5 light w/ Timer on it so I can start getting some starter soft corals :) I cant wait!

Xfactor1315
Swordtail Member

Post by Xfactor1315 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:43 am

gpd605x wrote:Bought a new Quad T5 light w/ Timer on it so I can start getting some starter soft corals :) I cant wait!
Make sure the tank has finished that cycle before you get the coral :)

gpd605x
Guppy Member

Post by gpd605x » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:40 pm

Oh yea, def! I'll be bringing a h2o sample just to quadrouple check lol

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:41 pm

I'm off for good Friday so will spend the first thing with Eco Tech CS on line fixing the programming on my Radion's. Once set I am going to replumb my returns to stop this nasty micro air leak causing bubbles in the display. After that its time for a break and just enjoy the view.

CaptJohn
Guppy Member
My SetUp: 90 gal reef. Zoathids, frogspawn, torch, shrooms, few fish.

Post by CaptJohn » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:03 pm

I called every glass shop on the coast and nobody would drill my 90gal tank. So after doing some research on HOB over flow boxes, I choose a lifereef overflow. Got that and a mag drive 9.5 ordered, should arrive this coming week. Plan on building a new stand on Monday. Went by Gerwins and picked out a new reef octopus skimmer, and a 40 breeder for the sump. I have never built a sump before but it doesnt look to hard. I know what I want out of it, and have some drawings I did. So we'll see how it goes. ( fingers crossed) Oh and I added 50# of live rock I bought from Henry a couple weeks ago. That brings my total rock to around 140# give r take. Gotta do some rearranging when I move the tank onto new stand. Looking forward to getting the sump and all set up. Little nervous about the HOB overflow. Hope I don't regret it.. :D

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:21 pm

Shadow1 wrote:I'm off for good Friday so will spend the first thing with Eco Tech CS on line fixing the programming on my Radion's. Once set I am going to replumb my returns to stop this nasty micro air leak causing bubbles in the display. After that its time for a break and just enjoy the view.
Just wondering how the Radion's are doing, did you get them fixed?

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:20 am

EcoTech support is 2nd to none, they tapped into my computer, reset all 5 Radions and the MP60's and 40. Now they all work in unison again, I somehow screwed up the internal programming on the lights and they lost their serial numbers and the ability to communicate with each other. Now I have moon phase, traveling sunrise sunset pumps that power down at night and the ability to easily go online and control the lights. Nice guys they indicated full wireless wil be available in the near future, :thumbup: and that from one of the engineers not a tech. Sitting here now watching the blue in the tank that I have never been able to use befor is pretty cool not sure why I am easily entertained though :clap:

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:29 pm

Maybe you could post a video for us, I don't know how to do it, but I am sure you do :) Do you know what you did wrong so it dosn't happen again?

captbenjy
Guppy Member

Post by captbenjy » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:42 pm

Shadow1, do you use an Apex on your tank? If you do, are you running your radions and pumps through it or how? I'm confused as to if I should just let the Ecotech stuff work by itself or if I should run it through the apex. I doubt I'll be able to do it with my Disney trip coming up, but as soon as I get that done and return home from offshore I'm going to take you up on your offer to visit. :thumbup:

Boomer
Guppy Member

Post by Boomer » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:26 am

Well I took out my Banded Coral Shrimp to kill ick with copper, lost its arms week later grew back much shorter. Ick cured now waiting. Wish I did that for the two tangs I had when starting. Coral Beauty happy to live :D
Realized I love having my shrimp on my kitchen counter top bar part, can actually see the thing, but makes for a bad Q-tank. bad last week and all this with an ear infection bah