What have you done for your tank this week?

Blog the Progress of Your Aquarium
Shadow1
Discus Member
My SetUp: 300DD Reef, 30 Nuvo Breeding Clowns, 30 QT/Grow out.

Re: What have you done for your tank this week?

Post by Shadow1 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:52 pm

Pete Zinc Chromate if memory serves was the primer used by the navy, I bet most of the rattlecan paints at least the better ones will work on the Aluminum.

300 is now a memory, the BAT is up and running and have moved about 6 of the LPS colonies from the 40B into it. Tested evels for the first time and most were a little low so went and hooked up dosing pumps I just dont have the time to fool with getting the CARX running for now.

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:38 pm

Yes, zinc chromate is the primer to use on aluminum. Before you spray it Pete, wipe it all down with either denatured alcohol or acetone. This will remove any grease and or residue on the metal and will allow the primer to stick MUCH better. Once it's dry and you are happy with the coverage, paint away!

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:41 am

I got my new light rack finished yesterday, I will take down the old one Sunday, put up the new one, get the lights swapped over, hope they come back on, then will take pics ofr ya'll. For something I made, this light rack came out pretty sweet looking :lol: Also, bought a bunch of new crabs for the tank.

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:59 pm

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Gerwin » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:30 pm

Tank looks familiar....

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:40 pm

I got the new light rack hung this evening after work :) after lights out :( I will have to wait till in the morning to see how much more light is being put in the tank because of the lights being hung below the light rack. I have to clean up the wiring in the morning also have to buy some washers from Lowes to use as spacers. I had to buy longer screws to go thru the light rack and into the LED light fixture, this is causing me to have a gap between the screw head and the light rack, nothing a few washers won't take care of.

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:26 am

I also hung a Pharos on what's left of the 40B. This has been a really good light. Thanks for the suggestion Gerwin wouldn't have though of using it.

[rimg]http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w43 ... cxnpoz.jpg[/rimg]

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:07 am

This morning PO4 test

[rimg]http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w43 ... ybynyo.jpg[/rimg]

Yesterday I overflowed the skimmer while killing aphasia with Joes Juice, went ahead and did a 50 gallon water change. I took the GFO offline a month ago so nothing running but dosers 7 ml 12x day on both Alk and CA, and Biopelletts. Simple worked before I am going to try to stay this way got about 12 random SPS trying to grow no telling what may have survived.