We Have SPS Corals

Blog the Progress of Your Aquarium
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

We Have SPS Corals

Post by Redfish » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:33 pm

The best Pic's we could get :( pics don't do the color of these corals justice :( I am pretty sure I got the corals with the right names, but could be wrong :) These Corals came from Rocky Mountain Frags

Front Coral: Red Robin Stag / Back Coral: Ultimatefrags Rose Acro

E Corals Unknown

Back Center: Oregon Tort

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: We Have SPS Corals

Post by Redfish » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Ultimatefrags Ultimate Red acro

Blueberry Special

Bio Hazard

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Ultimate Myagi Tort

Shadow1
Discus Member
My SetUp: 300DD Reef, 30 Nuvo Breeding Clowns, 30 QT/Grow out.

Post by Shadow1 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:31 pm

Looks great very nice selection. next year when you decide to frag them I want a couple of them.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:34 pm

Better come get frags now :lol: before the weekend, just kidding. My record so far is about three weeks before they die.

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:36 pm

Pete I'm really glad you've got some frags back in your tank. I hope they explode for you. It won't be long and I will be able to frag the Monti cap that you gave me so you can have it back in you tank. My Acros are growing but slowly. When they are big enough for frags I will offer you some for free--least I could do for you.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:03 am

I hated losing that Monti Cap :( went to alot of trouble to get it. Glad I got you a piece of it, just wish I had got you a bigger piece :lol:

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:29 am

It has grown very well and maintained its color! I will have to take a pic of it and send it to you. :thumbup:

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:40 pm

Would love to see a pic :)

gbrendonk
Angel Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by gbrendonk » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:01 pm

Looks great hope they take off. You have any troubles I'm just up the road and would gladly hold any for you while you figure it out. Hate to see nice corals like that die. Put me on the list for frags when they take off.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:49 pm

The coral that amazes the most is the Orgon Blue Tort, it has such a purdy blue color to it, even with just a small frag that I have. I can just imagine what that coral would look like as a colony. I have heard though, its a slowwww grower.

Dragont
Angel Member

Post by Dragont » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:49 am

I need to stop by to check out your new frags Pete. You're right about the color on that Oregon blue tort. That one is on my list when I get my 120 set up. For now still workin on stabilizing the 50 and maintaining that. Then I'll be ready to take off again.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:20 am

Just an update on how the new corals are doing, its been an experience to say the least :) I have gotten some really good advice from the Bayou Reefkeeping Forum members, If ya'll aren't members of this Forum, you need to be :) Back to the new corals: When I ordered these corals, the vendor had some of these corals already pre cut and healed in his tank for an extended period of time, some of the corals were cut after I placed my order. After I ordered these corals the vendor had to keep them in his system for going on two months before he was able to ship them to me, because I couldn't get a day off to be home to take delivery. Where I am going with this is: The corals I got were at different stages of healing and color from being fraged. The corals that I got that had been pre cut a few months before I placed my order were nice and colored up, the corals that I got that had been cut after I placed my order, not so much colored up. They were faded in color, kinda a tanish color with a bit of a reddish or blueish tint to them. After I put the corals into my tank, some of the corals started to turn a brownish color, some started to lose their color and turn to a whitish color and some still have their color but have faded quite a lot. All of the corals though have kept polyp extension, so I held out hope that they weren't really dieing and only going thru an acclamation period in my system. I was stressing pretty good over this, as you can imagine, the Bayou Reefkeeping SPS Pros (Richard being one of them, Thank you Richard) kinda set my mind at ease and pretty much told me that the corals should get better over time. I am still stressing over this, but not as much :) Corals are pretty much the same, I pretty much am letting them do their thing, I just try and keep the tanks parameters inline and hope the corals get better. As soon as I see some progress in the corals as far as color or growth goes, I might be placeing another coral order :) Just don't tell the wife :) I never new you could get such nice looking corals for $10 each with free shipping from half way across the contry.

gbrendonk
Angel Member

Post by gbrendonk » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:22 am

Sounds like they are giving you solid advise. Polyp extension and they are ok. Just wait I bet the new growth when it starts is colored up. Then it will all come back.

Shadow1
Discus Member
My SetUp: 300DD Reef, 30 Nuvo Breeding Clowns, 30 QT/Grow out.

Post by Shadow1 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:23 pm

We gotta talk about these $10.00 frags and fee shipping.............

or is that wife codex?? :mrgreen: :shh: