Tank Update

Blog the Progress of Your Aquarium
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Tank Update

Post by Redfish » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:55 am

New Rock Scape, no minimalist rock scape here. Rock is very open under the scape, most of the big rock is on PVC platforms, trying to have a lot of surface space to mount SPS corals to but also have a lot of flow thru the structure. Front to back the tank is 30 inches, you can't tell from the pic but the rock is terraced from front to back. I was trying to get a multi leveled look to the rock scape and have a multi leveled look to the corals when they are mounted and growing in the tank.

The larger frag in the center of the pic, is my lone coral that is alive from my last Rocky Mountain order, its a Ultimate Myagi Tort. The coral is growing, encrusting the plug and coloring up great. Very nice looking coral. The lower coral is the frag I picked up last week when S. Tyree was at Just Fish in Biloxi. It a frag of the Wet Thumbs Mother of Pearl Acro. Its a small 1/2 inch frag, looks nothing like a Mother of Pearl Acro at this time, but it is alive and does have color. That's a good thing for me :)

This pic shows two new Chalices from 3 weeks ago from Pacific East Corals. The upper one is a Bright sunset orangeish color, the lower one is a Mummy Eye type Chalice. Both have great color and are encrusting the frag plug.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: Tank Update

Post by Redfish » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:56 am

My zoa rock, no high $$$ corals here, but they look nice to me.

This is a pic of the third Chalice from Pacfic East corals, a very deep purple with bright yellowish green eyes. Wasn't to sure of my placement with this coral when it comes to the light it gets. Its kinda out in the open, but towards the bottom of the tank, I am keeping an eye on it. Also in the pic is my one softie coral in the tank, a Tyree Green Polyp Toadstool from Coral Fever. This coral has had a hard time of it, but it still lives. I have dropped it on its head a few time, when I had heat issues in the tank, it shrunk in size and pretty much stopped growing. With in 12 hours of getting the temps back down in the tank, it started to come back. Pretty much my favorite coral in the tank.

This last pic is of two frags off of my Mother Colony of a Reverse Metor Shower Cyphastrea. This coral has had pretty much the same luck in my tank as the Tyree Toad Stool has had when it came to my heat issues. Now that the heat issues are gone, the coral is getting back its nice green color between the red polyps and doing much better. Its really not growing at this time, am sure that will change soon. Sling Blade the frag on the left is the one I told you was yours if you still want it. Sooner or later I will get it to you :)

That's all the pics for now, nothing left to see in my tank,,,, this week :) Now that my heat issues are taken care of and the corals are doing great,,,,, I placed another SPS Coral order. I have a frag package coming from a reefer off of Reef Central, also have some SPS corals coming from Jason Fox :) They should be coming in next Wednesday, will be posting new pics then.

Shadow1
Discus Member
My SetUp: 300DD Reef, 30 Nuvo Breeding Clowns, 30 QT/Grow out.

Post by Shadow1 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:30 am

Looking good Pete, some of those are real nice. I claim first frag of the Myiagi when it grows. One of my favorites. :thumbup:

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:57 am

Thanks Richard :) The Myiagi is growing pretty good, if you look at the base of the coral, you can see where its starting to encruct the plug and the coral itself has put on alot of bulk to it since I first got it.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:30 am

One more pic :) Recordia being given a ride

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:21 pm

Pete your tank is looking great! :thumbup: Glad things are finally looking up for you.