The Captains 225 DSA build

Blog the Progress of Your Aquarium
captbenjy
Guppy Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

The Captains 225 DSA build

Post by captbenjy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:41 am

Figured I'd better start a build thread here since this is where the madness started for me. Gerwin sold me my first tank (14gal biocube) and now he's ordered my 225. I'll be using this thread to truly document my process. I'm going with a DSA 225 equipped with the Pro center overflow and black silicone. Dimension of the tank is 72x27x27.

The steel stand was a joint effort with Twinn providing the precut steel and a friend who does fab work on the side whom did the welding. Only thing different is the brace on the left has been removed by me for more access as I wasn't sure I'd be able to get my sump in from the front when it's been skinned.
[img][IMG]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314 ... eosqfe.jpg[/img][/img]

The steel stand is in the hands of a woodworker now being skinned and having a canopy built. Hopefully it'll be finished about the same time Gerwin gets the tank in.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: The Captains 225 DSA build

Post by Redfish » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:35 pm

Congrats :) will be fun watching it all come together. What is a Pro Center overflow?

captbenjy
Guppy Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: The Captains 225 DSA build

Post by captbenjy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:06 am

It's what DSA calls their single overflow. My 120 has double overflows on the back glass which makes it hard to scape IMO and creates dead spots for flow. Hard to get around all the corners they create. The DSA has 3 drains and 2 returns all in one overflow box. It's located in the center of the back glass which I like.