Roger's tank progress

Blog the Progress of Your Aquarium
Roger
Swordtail Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Roger's tank progress

Post by Roger » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:52 am

i got an email yesterday telling me the tank will be delayed another week because of the holidays so new estimated tank arrival will be 1-6-11 or the 7th :thumbdown:

ill try and have a picture of the stand here by the end of the week

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: Rogers tank progress

Post by Redfish » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:33 pm

Who and where is the tank being built?

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:48 pm

AZ , tenacore

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:13 am

Well, a few more :?: questions :lol: about the tank. What size acrylic are they using on the tank 1/2 inch or 3/8 inch, I am guessing 3/8 on a tank of this size. What are the measurements on the tank, is this going to be a fish only tank, mixed reef tank, SPS tank, what kinda of lights are you going to be using over the tank, will the tank have a canopy, what kinda of power heads and how many, what size and kind of skimmer, How about some info on the sump you will be using, will it be an acrylic sump also? What sort of fish are you looking to house in the tank? Will the back of the tank be painted, left clear or I have heard that you can get a smoked colored acrylic for the back panel? Will you have to be able to set this tank up away from the wall so that you can get behind the tank to keep the back panel of the tank cleaned, with a 36 inch deep tank (front to back) I would think this is a must. What sort of an overflow will be used on the tank, and what kinda return pump will you be using? I guess that's about it for now, this is going to be an :wink: awesome tank and a great learning experience for all of us .

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:21 pm

I was looking at Tenacore's web site, very very nice tanks, They are really proud of their stands though, cost more than the tanks do.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Redfish wrote:Well, a few more :?: questions :lol: about the tank. What size acrylic are they using on the tank 1/2 inch or 3/8 inch, I am guessing 3/8 on a tank of this size. What are the measurements on the tank, is this going to be a fish only tank, mixed reef tank, SPS tank, what kinda of lights are you going to be using over the tank, will the tank have a canopy, what kinda of power heads and how many, what size and kind of skimmer, How about some info on the sump you will be using, will it be an acrylic sump also? What sort of fish are you looking to house in the tank? Will the back of the tank be painted, left clear or I have heard that you can get a smoked colored acrylic for the back panel? Will you have to be able to set this tank up away from the wall so that you can get behind the tank to keep the back panel of the tank cleaned, with a 36 inch deep tank (front to back) I would think this is a must. What sort of an overflow will be used on the tank, and what kinda return pump will you be using? I guess that's about it for now, this is going to be an :wink: awesome tank and a great learning experience for all of us .
Mini me is slow on the draw so i will tell you what i know,
96/30/30 inches, reef tank any coral he wants, led lighting, reef octopus full body cone skimmer, 1/2 maybe 5/8 thick, 2 overflow boxes, 75 gallon sump, reefflo return pump, live sand 1" deep, the back panel is black acrylic which is a option from factory ( clear,blue,blk ) i think he is using pendant style for lights as its so close to the ceiling i don't think there is any room for a canopy, he si getting a mp 60 vortech pump for wave making, Ok that should get the bulk of the questions answered until he reads the site again.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:14 am

I hate begggging ,,,, but anything new going on here?

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:41 pm

yeah we just called the manufacturer and threatened to cancel the order if it did not get shipped this WEEK! he also got his Octopus XP 5000 ext skimmer Cone skimmer purchased and installed and now found out he needs breaks all around his truck....Murphy's Law little buddy :lol:

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:39 am

For the right price (read as bribe) I can do brakes......or you can say who really needs brakes---buy more stuff for his tank. I'm just saying, priorities.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:50 pm

You maybe are having to wait a bit for the tank :( :( But I have done a bit of checking on the tank maker,, and it seems like they are the bench mark in acrylic tanks and the wait will be worth it.

Chef Steve
Discus Member
My SetUp: 29 gallon saltwater tank (coral in future hopefully)

Post by Chef Steve » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:32 pm

How come every time that people get nice things and are happy with them, there is always something that should have been taken care of before?? Well I guess you have to take the good with the bad sometimes

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:49 pm

word on the street is Tuesday

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:32 am

Tommrow is the big day, take a bunch of pics for us. I would like a pic of the top, to see what kind of access you will have getting into the tank.

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:51 pm

Hope you guys got that big ole tank in the house before it started POURING down rain!!!! Get busy son,,,, you got lots of work to do now!!! :mrgreen:

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:04 am

Did the tank come in ????