Tapatalk app. input and discussion here

Your Host Shares His Random Thoughts and Observations
Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Tapatalk app. input and discussion here

Post by Gerwin » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:34 am

So many of you have facebooked me about this forum app. PLEASE. PLEASE
tell me why you love or hate this app!!!!

eric the red
Discus Member
My SetUp: Equipment: 225 gallon (72x30x24), 3 radion pros, 2 48" t5s (ato blue plus), 2 mp40s, full apex with ph probe, wxm module, brs gfo reactor, reef octopus nwb200, DIY ATO with Kalk in reservoir water, two micom dosers (dosing 2 part) Livestock is mostly zoas/palys and sps. I also have quite a selection of high end Lps on the sand bed.

Re: Tapatalk app. input here

Post by eric the red » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:11 pm

I like the app because I can follow certain threads and get instant notifications to my phone when someone makes a post. Also it will notify me when someone sends a pm.

Doug
Site Admin
My SetUp: 1984: 90 gal. saltwater, O'Dell tank, Oceanic Systems cabinet stand, (2) Perfecto 48" strip lights with Vita-Lite Power Twists, Aqualogy Bio-Grade Plus Undergravel filter, (2) Hagen Aquaclear 800 power heads, Eheim 2217 canister filter with Chemi-Pure, Hawaiian Marine Angstrom 2537 UV sterilizer

Post by Doug » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:02 pm

Those of you currently using Tapatalk for other forums, please reply in this thread what platform(s) those forums are using-- not what websites, but the forum software packages. Usually listed at the bottom of main forum pages. Thanks.

Oh, and after quite a number of technical issues, Tapatalk is apparently functional on the forum. Install the app on your mobile device and search "just fish biloxi".

smtwinn
Angel Member

Post by smtwinn » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:12 am

My first post from Tapatalk!!!! Thanks GERWIN your forum will now be accessed more frequently!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smtwinn
Angel Member

Post by smtwinn » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:30 am

Doug I'm getting an error while trying to upload pics saying "it's not possible to determine dimensions of picture".

smtwinn
Angel Member

Post by smtwinn » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:33 am

Community forum software IP.board and menu software by promenu.

Stokes12
Guppy Member

Post by Stokes12 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:34 am

Thanks G!

Doug
Site Admin
My SetUp: 1984: 90 gal. saltwater, O'Dell tank, Oceanic Systems cabinet stand, (2) Perfecto 48" strip lights with Vita-Lite Power Twists, Aqualogy Bio-Grade Plus Undergravel filter, (2) Hagen Aquaclear 800 power heads, Eheim 2217 canister filter with Chemi-Pure, Hawaiian Marine Angstrom 2537 UV sterilizer

Post by Doug » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:43 am

smtwinn wrote:Doug I'm getting an error while trying to upload pics saying "it's not possible to determine dimensions of picture".
The system will return an error if an image being uploaded or displayed inline exceeds 1024x768. This is to prevent unnecessarily large filesizes being uploaded to the server and also to keep images being displayed within the size of a normal forum window. As noted in Gerwin's photo linking tutorial video, using the [rimg] tag for linked images will often overcome the restriction. See my post in the Member Communication forum regarding an alternate method of making your photos available as web-based images to add to a post.

eric the red
Discus Member
My SetUp: Equipment: 225 gallon (72x30x24), 3 radion pros, 2 48" t5s (ato blue plus), 2 mp40s, full apex with ph probe, wxm module, brs gfo reactor, reef octopus nwb200, DIY ATO with Kalk in reservoir water, two micom dosers (dosing 2 part) Livestock is mostly zoas/palys and sps. I also have quite a selection of high end Lps on the sand bed.

Post by eric the red » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:01 am

I've added several photos with no issues. It asked me what size I wanted them before it made the post. But like u said Doug, it wouldn't exceed 1024x768.

smtwinn
Angel Member

Post by smtwinn » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:37 am

I got it to work! I was just choosing the wrong size pic

bct15
Angel Member

Post by bct15 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:29 am

I like the app because it makes it easier for me to access forums from my phone, quickly in one place.

smtwinn
Angel Member

Post by smtwinn » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:00 pm

Convenience is where it's at. Being able to post or upload via mobile device is the next step in continually growing great business you run Gerwin.

Doug
Site Admin

Re: Tapatalk app. input and discussion here

Post by Doug » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:34 pm

Well, it appears the implementation of Tapatalk is successful (read: I'm actually using it successfully, so it must be).

For those of you posting photos from it, the Tapatalk hosting option is a very good idea (as long as TT doesn't delete them), but with one request:

Before hitting Submit, please edit the [img]and[/img] tags to Image and [/rimg]. That way, your photos will show in posts to computer users (as large clickable thumbnails instead of broken image links) immediately, and *I* won't have to go behind you and do it.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:21 pm

Community Forum Software by IP.Board 3.4.6

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:34 pm

so what am I doing wrong?
I attmept to load pic from TT, I chose sm pic size and I get "post error it was not possible to determine the dem. of the image"