Are fish attracted to multiple color led lights ?

Tanks, Filtration, & Lighting Discussion
bcarleton
Angel Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: Are fish attracted to multiple color led lights ?

Post by bcarleton » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:39 am

How big are the Oscars? They are attracted to movement, in the case of the lighted bubble wand they will usually take great interest in the bubbles. Having the bubbles back lit will only make them more interesting. If the oscars are small they will most likely just play inthe bubbles. If they have some size to them then they could possibly break the wand just by playing with it. With larger Osacars it would not surprise me if the bubble wand ended up in a different spot in the tank every day. Basic rule of thumb is to treat an Oscar like a puppy. They are gonna want to touch, taste, push, pull, break, move, dig, etc. I found that mine did not like a night light. He just wanted lights out.

Doug
Site Admin
My SetUp: 1984: 90 gal. saltwater, O'Dell tank, Oceanic Systems cabinet stand, (2) Perfecto 48" strip lights with Vita-Lite Power Twists, Aqualogy Bio-Grade Plus Undergravel filter, (2) Hagen Aquaclear 800 power heads, Eheim 2217 canister filter with Chemi-Pure, Hawaiian Marine Angstrom 2537 UV sterilizer

Post by Doug » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:57 pm

Good answer. Unfortunately, the OP was a spammer, who only registered to post the links that were in the signature. If everything about a new user's first post seems legit, the links in the sig let you know it's not.

bcarleton
Angel Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by bcarleton » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:32 pm

Guess I need to go check my email and see what all kinds of new things I ot in there now.

Doug
Site Admin
My SetUp: 1984: 90 gal. saltwater, O'Dell tank, Oceanic Systems cabinet stand, (2) Perfecto 48" strip lights with Vita-Lite Power Twists, Aqualogy Bio-Grade Plus Undergravel filter, (2) Hagen Aquaclear 800 power heads, Eheim 2217 canister filter with Chemi-Pure, Hawaiian Marine Angstrom 2537 UV sterilizer

Post by Doug » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:26 pm

Not email spam, just forum spam, the practice of registering just to put links in posts, sigs, and profiles.