SolarMaxHE Double T5 Lighting System

Tanks, Filtration, & Lighting Discussion
gpd605x
Guppy Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

SolarMaxHE Double T5 Lighting System

Post by gpd605x » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:13 pm

I have a 48" SolarMaxHE Double T5 System and it came w/ the tank I bought used off Craigslist. So far the light is awesome, never had any problems what so ever. So I started doing some research on the equipment that came w/ the tank and saw that the light has a lot of good reviews. I also noticed that it has 8 Blue Moonlight LED's. Well only one is currently working. I have searched and searched and I'm trying to find the type of LED so I can replace them and have it all working again. Or anyone know where I can bring it to so they can replace them? I have no clue how to take it apart and really don't want to break it or damage it. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.
Here's the pictures:
Image (as you can see, only 1 LED is working)
Close up Picture of the LED

gpd605x
Guppy Member

Re: SolarMaxHE Double T5 Lighting System

Post by gpd605x » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:19 pm

Ok, for some reason, all of a sudden, the rest of the LEDs decided to come on. The next day, only 1 was working again. Faulty Wiring maybe?

Boomer
Guppy Member

Post by Boomer » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:43 pm

Can you check and see if you have a Ballast going bad on you, the little black sometimes silver cylinder about 1 1/1 inch longer. Not sure if yours has that but Fluorescent lights do and it can do the same thing.

Never-mind LEDs do not have that.

gpd605x
Guppy Member

Post by gpd605x » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Yea, its weird. They just light up when they want to. I wouldnt mind replacing the led's but i don't want to break the light fixture