Light Bar

Tanks, Filtration, & Lighting Discussion
LeslieAxley
Minnow Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Light Bar

Post by LeslieAxley » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:55 am

Hi, I am wanting to put a light bar on my 99. I plan on making one of the $10 light bars bc they are pretty low profile and I was wanting to put the rectangle lights on the bar bc I think they look better but think that a 6" round light would work better. Does anyone have pics of the light output of any light bar. Ian just curious to how well they work.

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: Light Bar

Post by Gerwin » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:26 am

Im thinking you will be greatly disappointed, take the number of bulbs divide into the watts and that will give you the wattage for each diode, these probably equate to a Christmas tree bulb, it will illuminate but not much penetration into water.

This will come down to, you will get what you pay for :|

Doug
Site Admin
My SetUp: 1984: 90 gal. saltwater, O'Dell tank, Oceanic Systems cabinet stand, (2) Perfecto 48" strip lights with Vita-Lite Power Twists, Aqualogy Bio-Grade Plus Undergravel filter, (2) Hagen Aquaclear 800 power heads, Eheim 2217 canister filter with Chemi-Pure, Hawaiian Marine Angstrom 2537 UV sterilizer

Re: Light Bar

Post by Doug » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:14 pm

Whenever someone has a link to a website that sells whatever the subject of their post is in their sig, they are a spammer. First post + commercial link in sig = spammer.