Angelfish progress

Tanks, Filtration, & Lighting Discussion
Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

Angelfish progress

Post by Jamilw1989 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:20 am

So I have good news and very bad news all at the same time. I have two angels acting like they want to pair off one keeps chasing the other angels away from the other and is acting very protective; and well the pair i had just thrown together and the male was trying to distroy the female. well we were gonna split them up thinking that maybe they really weren't meant for each other. we were going to isolate the male in a tank a lone in my dads school class room and well it would add a nice factor to his school room and then we were gonna throw my female into the tank with his female. (been told that was safe by a breeder that I know) well all those plans went to h e l l this morning i wake up at 5:15 and i here drip drip drip and i think o crap my ceiling is leaking cause of the rain great then i look around and i realize it ain't my roof so i look around thinking the cat nocked over my glass of water and my eyes stop on my ten gallon tank and I see that 55% of the water is gone and my agels are gasping for air fighting to stay under water. so I freak and run to get my bucket i use to clean my aquarium and i get as much water out as i dare then i reach in and grab both fish and toss them into the bucket of water and put in a air pump. regardless i am screwed my floor is soaked and i have big cracks down the center of the bottom of my aquarium. ITS SO NOT FAIR!!!!! every time i think hey i just make something out of this breeding thing and i get it going in the right direction and think i have a handle on it. SOMETHING GOES WRONG!!!
so here is my question gerwin do you still have 10 or 20 gallons made out of solid glass? so that i can seal them if i have too. and any clues why my tank would just crack like that? i will have had the tank two years christmas. it shouldnt do that right? right now i am just so mad.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: Angelfish progress

Post by Redfish » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:40 pm

Don't know if this would help you out or not, but I have a new 29g tank I was going to use as a Quarintine tank or a Clown Fish tank that has never been used. You can use it till you get something set up if you need it, no stand just tank, can't put any copper in it though.

Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

Re: Angelfish progress

Post by Jamilw1989 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:04 pm

Redfish wrote:Don't know if this would help you out or not, but I have a new 29g tank I was going to use as a Quarintine tank or a Clown Fish tank that has never been used. You can use it till you get something set up if you need it, no stand just tank, can't put any copper in it though.
Thanks for the offer but we through the female in my fathers tank and the male in my twenty gallon. If anyone wants him let me know; make an offer. I dont want him anymore he's too mean. he kills everything within inches of him and he has tried to kill her repeatedly.