Hows everyone doing?

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Hows everyone doing?

Post by Redfish » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:45 pm

Just wondering how everyone and their tanks are making out? We are just getting alot of wind and rain over in D'Iberville, power hasn't went out at the house, but has to some in area's in the neighborhood, but they got it back on in an hour or so. A man on LARC is reporting he lost 60 fish in a 760g tank :( Wondering how that happened, am sure he would have had a generator for a tank that size.

Archie
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: Hows everyone doing?

Post by Archie » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:06 pm

doing ok over here in west biloxi. weather has seem to gotten a little worse in the past hour. only lost power for a few minutes.

Shadow1
Discus Member
My SetUp: 300DD Reef, 30 Nuvo Breeding Clowns, 30 QT/Grow out.

Post by Shadow1 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:43 pm

Hattiesburg has been quiet but that is changing now. Still have power. Got a text from Scott Courthouse rd. in Gulfport out of power since 2 AM, everyone be careful I am at work in New Augusta and the Tornados are popping all over.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:25 am

Redfish wrote: A man on LARC is reporting he lost 60 fish in a 760g tank
Leeve broke, he got like 12 feet of water in his house in 10 min :( :( Nothing you can do about that

Archie
Discus Member

Post by Archie » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:00 am

we lost power late wednesday afternoon for about a solid two hours. damn i love my gererac generator. automatic start, and no damn extension chords
looks like today will be a milder version of yesterday
take care

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:40 pm

We have been VERY lucky with this one. Could have been a lot worse. No power outage, just lots and lots of rain and wind. Now just dreading all the clean up work we will have to do outside... :evil:

gpd605x
Guppy Member

Post by gpd605x » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:28 pm

I'm in College Park in Gulfport and we didn't lose power so my tanks are doing great!

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:09 am

My poor frag system...

Before Isaac...

After Isaac...

I lost about 25 frags including 3 very rare high dollar ones that were waiting to go in my main tank.

My lps all seemed to make it at least.... and I finally removed the frag rack that was such a pain (egg crate makes a terrible frag rack... grew hair algae as well as my darn algae scrubber)

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:29 pm

Wow, sorry for your loss Scott. Did you lose power and that's what caused it? You had one coral in there that I reallllllyyyyy liked, it might still be in there, can't really tell by the pic. Its the round one, top shelf. The one that I liked really wasn't lipped around the edge, but its been awhile since I have seen the coral.

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:38 pm

Redfish wrote:Wow, sorry for your loss Scott. Did you lose power and that's what caused it? You had one coral in there that I reallllllyyyyy liked, it might still be in there, can't really tell by the pic. Its the round one, top shelf. The one that I liked really wasn't lipped around the edge, but its been awhile since I have seen the coral.
You'll have to come by and see. I think you are thinking about my Orenji, which made it safe. But I can't be sure. There have been a lot of corals on that rack over the last few months.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:30 am

Scott Allen wrote:
Redfish wrote:Wow, sorry for your loss Scott. Did you lose power and that's what caused it? You had one coral in there that I reallllllyyyyy liked, it might still be in there, can't really tell by the pic. Its the round one, top shelf. The one that I liked really wasn't lipped around the edge, but its been awhile since I have seen the coral.
You'll have to come by and see. I think you are thinking about my Orenji, which made it safe. But I can't be sure. There have been a lot of corals on that rack over the last few months.
I don't think it was the Orenji coral, this coral almost looked like a Chalice. It was round and flat about the same size as a 50 cent piece, it was kind of a orange peache color. I ment to ask you what it was the day of the BR meeting you had at the house but you had your hands full that day and I didn't want to bother you. What ever it was, it was about the best looking coral that I have seen.