Awesome deal from pass rd pets.

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
addicted2coral
Guppy Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Awesome deal from pass rd pets.

Post by addicted2coral » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:04 pm

Today I called gerwin just to see how much a skimmer would be for a 200 to 250 gallon setup.

Before this I had been on the Internet for hours and hours looking at every skimmer made. I kept coming back to octopus cuz that is all I have ever had. I am using this to help put together a system for a friend.

When I asked what he had an how much he spat out three. And all three bet online prices. One by 50 dollars. Gotta say that is awesome. I don't know how he does those prices. But wanted to say thanks and that I will be down there this week to either get the extreme xs 200. Or the diablo 225.

Have another question tho, do you have the sel cleaning heads in stock? Also coral vue came out with neck extensions. Also wanted one or maybe two Of these. It increases the neck length increasing performance. Can u price me this stuff too gerwin??

Gerwin
Discus Member

Re: Awesome deal from pass rd pets.

Post by Gerwin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:05 am

dont stock them but can get you one! just need to know the model you want think they are about 130.00 ish

addicted2coral
Guppy Member

Post by addicted2coral » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:14 am

Cool. I ain't got a skimmer yet. I just got to get down there. Can you price th extreme xs 250? With the head. I may get u to order it and pay over the phone.

Bud
Angel Member
My SetUp: My set up:125 gl, Diablo Skimmer, 4 maxspect led, 125lbs + live rock, sand base, rose bubble tip anemone, mini carpet, 2 pair Perc and tomato clowns, yellow tang, coral beauty, red hawkfish, miss gobies and clean up crew. Corals: multiple leathers, acro's, mushrooms, donut, plate, etc... and growing

Post by Bud » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:50 pm

I have the Diablo and really like it. Very easy to setup, adjust and use. I'm running it on a 125. Good luck.

Bud

addicted2coral
Guppy Member

Post by addicted2coral » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:55 pm

Thing is I am gonna be right at 200 gallons of water. I really wanted to get a skimmer rated a little higher than 200. Will probly go with the 3000int

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:33 am

addicted2coral wrote:Thing is I am gonna be right at 200 gallons of water. I really wanted to get a skimmer rated a little higher than 200. Will probly go with the 3000int
I have been thinking (well, I started thinking about it, when you started posting about getting another skimmer :lol: ) of getting another skimmer for this reason also, my skimmer was bought for the old 125g tank. My Reef Octopus skimmer is rated for up to 200g and I have around that much in my system. It does a good job but after I bought my skimmer they started coming out with the Cone skimmers, I am sure they are better than what I am using. Think I am going to talk to Gerwin about this and start putting some money into my account for a new one. Keep us posed on what you get :D

MPowell
Discus Member

Post by MPowell » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:34 am

I have the XP3000SSS and it's doing a good job on my 210 gallon.