Looking For Something

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Looking For Something

Post by Redfish » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:44 am

I am looking for something that I have seen on peoples tank builds, but I can't seem to find locally and was wondering if anyone has seen them online. This thing is what I would call a wiring harness box, you mount it in your sump area. Say you want to run a wire or MP40 cable from one side of your sump area to the other side of your sump area to your power outlet, piece of equipment. You run the wire inside this box, nice and neat, instead of just having the wire or wires hanging loose and looking like a mess under your stand. The best way I can describe this thing, its solid on three sides, the side that isn't solid has alternating finger looking tabs, one on top, the next one on the bottom, sort of like piano keys. You just slip the wire's into this thing, run them to where you want them and then just bring the wire's or wire out where you want them to come up and into your MP40 control, Top Off sensor or what ever. Best I can tell from the pics I have seen, they are plastic. I have all of my equipment where I want it now, looks all nice and neat, except for all the wires

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: Looking For Something

Post by Redfish » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:43 pm

:D I have it covered :)

bcarleton
Angel Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by bcarleton » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:29 am

what did you come up with?

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:03 am

http://lareefclub.com/phpbb3.09/viewtop ... 8&start=75

Here is a link to Dave's build on LARC if you scroll down the page you will see what he used to run his wire's thru.
He had a few pieces left over and I bought two pieces from him. It ought to look real nice when I have it finished. Going to
take a bit longer than I planned though, I have decided to move the Apex also :roll: Thats going to be a pain :lol: I will
post up some pics when I get it done. You have to get all the equipment where you want it and then come back and mount the cable trays.

JimmyZ19
Angel Member
My SetUp: 90 Gallon Mixed Reef born on 24 November 2012.

Post by JimmyZ19 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:20 am

Not sure if this is what you want but it is an affordable option for what I think you are saying. I actually used something similar to this to hide alarm wires in my home. Once I painted it you couldn't notice it (too bad) running across the floor.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_142814-35681-CH ... facetInfo=