AutoAqua Smart ATO Review

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
fire905safety
Guppy Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

AutoAqua Smart ATO Review

Post by fire905safety » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:54 pm

This is my first equipment review. I usually have high expectations when I get something new. This new Auto top off, ATO, just really made my day. It's called the AutoAqua Smart ATO.

Installation was a breeze. Who ever wrote the instructions understands the power of pictures. At first glance, I open the box and it includes everything you need except a bucket for the fresh water. The system just magnetically attaches to the sump and two wires plug in and your ready to go.

If you haven't seen this type of ato before it's not like any other on the market. This system dosen't use floats or anything mechanical to operate. The heart of the system is an optical eye that "watches" your water level. Don't forget it's called a smart ato. This means it remembers how long and how often it fills your tank. If at any point you run out of fresh water, or the pump runs for too long, it will automatically trigger the alarm and turn off. Call me easily ammused, but this new toy just seems too cool.