Better Days to come

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Better Days to come

Post by Redfish » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:44 pm

Well, my week end isn't going so good :( . Made new RO water for the tank Friday nite, turned it off before bed. Got up around 5 am and turned it back on to finish filling the can, pulled the RO hose out of the can and put the heater in to warm the water up during the day so that I could put the salt in when I got home from work. Welllll :oops: I forgot to turn the water off, 8 hours later when I got home from work, the kitchen & dining room had, well, you can guess what it looked like. The water had went under the kitchen wall and into my carpeted bed room closet. Got the wet vac out and went to town and got most of it up and now have the closet drying out. My RBTA has been on the move for the last two weeks :roll: , got up this morning to find out that during the nite he got spread around the tank by the power head. My clowns are swimming around the tank looking for their home. Maybe Sunday will be better. 8)

phisher
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: Better Days to come

Post by phisher » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:04 pm

Bummer...I feel your pain, I've done it many times myself. Most of the shoe molding in my living room needs replacing due to leaving the RO running all night.

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:15 pm

Sorry to hear about your problems Pete. I think we have all had ro filter problems at one time or another. That's why I need to replace part of my kitchen floor. :roll: I now have a overflow bucket just as a back-up. It has saved my butt twice so far.
Yeah, I know,,,,,, Gerwin will say I need a shut off switch. :mrgreen: Maybe when I find my round-to-it... :lol:

Gz28
Discus Member

Post by Gz28 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:24 am

eww, hope things get better pete. i have done the same with the RO.

smsreefer
Guppy Member

Post by smsreefer » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:52 am

DANG Pete . Sorry to hear about your RO /RBTA incidents .
My kitchen floor seems to have a little buckeling around my kitchen sink for some reason . :o
I am headed to S. Florida later today ,but when I get back the end of next week ,I will have a very small RBTA with your name on it if you want one . FREE . I have that one left .
I made a trip to Fishystuff yesterday to empty the tank of the corals since I will be gone so much.
I still have the rock and evo's six-line I am saving for him .
If you can make it by early enough today ,you can pic the RBTA up .
[were you still interested in the big slab/ arch rock still ? cheap ?]

David

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:44 pm

I have a shut off kit on my home RO unit I leave it on and slee p like a baby, I got tired of flooded floors....I guess I wont nag you about it, it took me like 20 years to get around to putting one one my fill bucket.

oh I have one on the store RO as well, yea I flooded that place a few times too....and its a 100 gpd unit :oops: no worries and no wet floors with the Shut off kit!

phisher
Discus Member

Post by phisher » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:04 pm

I've tried 2 of the shutoff kits, none worked...wouldn't shut off for some reason.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:19 pm

mine work great and I installed a couple on some tanks, but its gonna cost about 100 if you want peace of mind. I have them in the shop come by and marvel :thumbup:

C-21 USAF
Discus Member

Post by C-21 USAF » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:49 pm

I put shutoff valves in my R/O trash can and top-off reservior...I still don't trust them, but they work fine.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:05 pm

My wife came up with a plan that I have to adhere to now :lol: When I make water in my 32g Brute, I can only make have a container full and then fill up the rest of the container with my back up water, and I can only make water in my 5g water bottles if they are placed in my 32g Brute that I drain the water out of the tank into.

Damion
Angel Member
My SetUp: 55g Barb tank...Tiger Barbs, Black Rubies, Green Barbs, Banded Leporinus, and a Red Fin Shark. Clean up crew consists of two small (3") plecos

Post by Damion » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:44 pm

What is RO and why does it flood your house?

phisher
Discus Member

Post by phisher » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:28 pm

Gerwin wrote:mine work great and I installed a couple on some tanks, but its gonna cost about 100 if you want peace of mind. I have them in the shop come by and marvel :thumbup:
I will have to check it out....I am talking about the 4-way shutoff part and a float switch, is that what you are talking about?

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:05 am

4way shut off with float and solenoid switch

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:03 pm

Damion, RO/DI water, is water that is run thru a filter system that takes all of the bad stuff out of the water we put in out SW Tanks (bad stuff for your fish tanks) As to why it floods my house :oops: because I am stupid.

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:59 pm

No Pete,,,, you're not stupid,,,,, I just think maybe you stood alittle too close to me one time and might have caught my CRS disease..... :wtf:

:lol: :lol: