First Annual Tour of Tanks, Invitational...

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Archie
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: First Annual Tour of Tanks, Invitational...

Post by Archie » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:32 pm

phisher wrote:I'd go...I need some motivation to finish mine.
that we will not have a problem with :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:20 am

Tiffany wrote:Can Freshwater join in?
that's what I have! ah but its a lonely world over here in the FW side, maybe I can convert a few folks!

Gz28
Discus Member

Post by Gz28 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:06 pm

I wouldnt mind looking at some FW tanks. and phisher hows youre aquarium comming...we are all waiting on you....;-) lol just trying to work some motivation in....:-)

Doug
Site Admin
My SetUp: 1984: 90 gal. saltwater, O'Dell tank, Oceanic Systems cabinet stand, (2) Perfecto 48" strip lights with Vita-Lite Power Twists, Aqualogy Bio-Grade Plus Undergravel filter, (2) Hagen Aquaclear 800 power heads, Eheim 2217 canister filter with Chemi-Pure, Hawaiian Marine Angstrom 2537 UV sterilizer

Post by Doug » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:05 pm

A great FW tank beats a mediocre SW tank any day...

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:33 am

I'm down for looking at freshwater tanks. It's where most of us started out, or at least I did.

Gz28
Discus Member

Post by Gz28 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:35 am

Hey guys what is the update with this? I am starting to feel like it is not going to happen :-( Who are we waiting on? and what is your ET for being ready? Remember guys your tank doesnt have to be absolutely perfect. :-)

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:43 pm

well crap who wants top have their tank seen first?

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:57 pm

I'll play,,,,, pick me,,,, pick me!!!! Just say when.... and what time.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:31 am

ok so here's what I think we do,

I have done the " a few customers got together and traveled to about 3 different tanks tour" so I know that it became a fast and furious go go go and was not able to maybe ask the questions etc. so maybe we do one or two max and keep them with in a short distance of each other so we can see without driving for 30 minutes. So does anyone else live sorta in the woolmarket area? if not we will just do Sandy's otherwise we will make one more.
Now to pick a date.... it needs to be in the evenings maybe 6:30-7:00 pm, so I can make it! and I would imagine Fri or Sat? or would any night be good for most of us? NOW is the time to speak your piece if times and days are important to you!

Sandy
Discus Member

Post by Sandy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:18 am

Friday nights work for me,,, heck any night will work. What ever works out for most folks. And of course we want you to come!!! DUH!

C-21 USAF
Discus Member

Post by C-21 USAF » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:52 pm

We can do my tank if you want...

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:01 pm

Sandy and Jennings are first they both volunteered, then we will do 2 more in another 3-4 weeks, make it kinda a thing to do once a month. So I am thinking 2 weeks from this Friday > 30th directions to the tanks will be given by me by pm only. You must be a signed up member to go on the tour. This way we build up membership and can weed out casual drifters who are not known by our community of local patrons.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:50 pm

I am in, but not my tank :( maybe next year when I get the new tank.

Gz28
Discus Member

Post by Gz28 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:48 am

sounds good. any time/day is good for me. Are we still meeting at the store and leaving from there? my offer still stands if anyone wants to carpool in my suburban.

Tiffany
Guppy Member

Post by Tiffany » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:42 am

I would like to go and if we only do a couple a month it will give my plants time to mature for better presentation.

Since most of you don't know me Hi. I have been a freshwater fan forever and just recently returned to the hobby after years with the military. Gerwin has been a god send in helping me stock and maintain my tanks. I am interested in the salt side and would like the opportunity to view your tanks for ideas and options. I hope to meet you all on the tour.