First Annual Tour of Tanks, Invitational...

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

First Annual Tour of Tanks, Invitational...

Post by Gerwin » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:51 am

A success!

Special Thanks to :

Joel, Archie, and Tien

for allowing us to visit their homes and tanks.

I believe everyone saw something new and maybe even learned a thing or two.

We will make this a regular event and let it grow slowly as to not burden or Burn any of us out. :wink:

Thanks
Gerwin

Stephen
Minnow Member

Post by Stephen » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:37 am

Patty and I again want to thank Joel, Archie, and Tien for allowing us into their homes to see their beautiful aquariums. We also want to thank you, Gerwin, for arranging it. We got to see how meny of the things we have been looking at (to add to our tank) actually work! We also saw several new ways to do things that will make our aquarium easier. Now, if someone could find a Tunze Wavebox closer to $250 than the $500 plus they are. :wink: It also brought to point just how much there is yet for us to learn. The knowledge that all of you have gathered and the work that all of you have put into the hobby over the years is enormous. Agian thank you all for this rare opportunity.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:23 am

Tien sold one for 300 bux used a few months ago,

that does not do you any good,

but it kinda makes me smile to think your thinking....."Damn that Gerwin"

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Re: First Annual Tour of Tanks, Invitational...

Post by Sandy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:31 pm

OKAY!!! So I'm a couple of years late on this one, but did my invite get lost in the mail? Have you guys done this anymore? Are you going to do it again??? Is it like a red tie event, where only a select few get invited???

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:49 am

kinda sorta,
I want to do it again and it will be by invite only until we get to the point where there are so many we can make it a 2 day event (evening) but the last thing I want is to have 50 people come around your homes that none of us really even know. I invite those who love their tanks as well as those with genuine interest in starting a reef aquarium. Its not really a "reef" tour but you reefers tend to be the ones who are the fanatics :lol: and I mean that in a good way....more like the desire to learn and see every reef tank to get ideas is the reefers goal or is it to claim that his/hers is better.. :mrgreen:

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:29 pm

Heck, I would settle for pictures. I just like looking at other peoples tanks. If I need ideas, I bug you or post on the forums. :shock: Mine is by no means better than anyone elses, but it makes me happy. That's what counts. Besides, if I am unhappy, you hear about it. :lol:

Watkims
Guppy Member

Post by Watkims » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:11 pm

So when do you plan on doing this again???

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:41 am

not sure if we wanna wait till holidays are over or before what you think

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:47 am

I would really be interested in this. I really don't know how ya'll work this but see if you can make it for about 5pm at least for those of us that work. I don't want to miss this.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:30 pm

no worries I work to 6 pm anyways

C-21 USAF
Discus Member

Post by C-21 USAF » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:52 pm

I'm in!

Gz28
Discus Member

Post by Gz28 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:30 pm

I say before holiday's it would give us all new ideas and things to put on our christmas list. that means more money for you gerwin...;-) i only have my 29g biocube set up but if anyone is interested in nano tanks i wouldnt mind showing it off. all though compared to the big tanks there is not much to see :-( its ok i now have a 90 gal to fill up.. :-)

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:40 pm

I would love to see your Biocube Gz28, put him on the Gerwin.

Gz28
Discus Member

Post by Gz28 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:53 am

cool i would be happy to show it....Now i just have to fight the urge to change the rocks around to try to get it "Perfect" everytime i do i royally mess everything up...LOL. im also building a refugium out of glass for my 90 gal reef maybe that will be done by the time we finally do this. also i dont know how many people are going to be doing this or how the logistics of getting to everyone's house is going to work. but i have a suburban i can fit me +6 if anyone wants to carpool we could meet at the fish store and leave from there.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:00 am

That sounds great.