And I am Gerwin

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the members of FishyStuff Forums.
Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

And I am Gerwin

Post by Gerwin » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:35 pm

who is beyond a doubt, a pain in the ass to all my sales reps. But that is only because I like them and wanted them to help me help you the end user.

With that out of the way, I shall talk about myself....

At the tender age of 14 my parents bought a full line pet shop ( I think they spent my college education :lol: ) so everyday after school (which of course I walked to, with no shoes for like 12 miles) I had to go to the shop, weekends too! (which is why , I'm sure, I like cartoons at 42, I've got alot of saturdays to make up for). So for those that can't subtract, for like 28 years, I've been buying, cleaning, selling fish and supplies. :cry:
I always tell people, I gotta be good, cuz even an idiot would learn something in 28 years!
Yep, I killed plenty of fish in the early days, and 1000's of customers have had their tanks blossom, thanks to me learning from the mistakes of others and my own. I also do commercial and residential tank maintenance, for like 15-17 years now. Not that any of this means anything :roll: but at least you know from where I come.

So, I wanted to do a website for the avg. person wanting the truth about the simple care of fish, cutting out all the crap, not wondering what moron wrote that article, and how long has he had his fish tank?
At least you'll know who this moron is 8) I also enlisted the help of a few sharp people, Doug who has intro. himself, Arch a good friend who brings so much to the table its unbelievable, design/construction, propagation, breeding of salt/reef/fresh/ponds , Of course he still ask me a Q or two on occassion and last but not least Tiff, who is in the distribution and buying of tropical fish from around the world.

These people are special to me and for the purpose of this site, they are not some marine biologist, busting with knowledge from their latest science book, no these are people in the hobby and the business for decades who learned from actual practice from every aspect of the business to being a hobbyist themselves. Imagine the war movies, where the young Lt. wants to take over the platoon, but he gets killed because the soldiers who want to to live frag him, so the Sgt. can keep them alive.
Yes thats what I hope to have brought to you.
If someone puts their opinion on here, that I think could be harmful to your tank, I will edit or warn of the implications of what they say.
Oh yeah, i might do some selling of products on here for mailorder as well. You knew there had to be a commercial aspect :lol: but hey you think these damn sites are FREE? Doug's my friend but he ain't my family

Oh and for the record, there is nothing wrong with marine biologists, and I did have shoes, and a bike and it was like 2 blocks away. But everything else...true