Tank Update

Tanks, Filtration, & Lighting Discussion
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Tank Update

Post by Redfish » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:54 am

Got the new skimmer installed yesterday, Octopus Extreme 200, glad the wife dosn't ever look under the tank :lol: . Its strating to put out a bit of of the brown stuff but I think I need to take the filter sock out of the sump and see what it can really do. I am glad I had some SW mixed up, that thing really holds alot of water compaired to the old skimmer. The gfo/ carbon reactors are doing their job and the refugium is doing good also. The Cheato dosn't seem to be growing yet but its still green so I guess thats a good sign. Gerwin is ordering me a two part doser, when that comes is we will get that hooked up. Next up on the list will be a controller of some sort. I might need a smart person to help me get that set up ( Jason, you will be getting a call :lol: )

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: Tank Update

Post by Gerwin » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:27 am

Redfish wrote:Got the new skimmer installed yesterday, Octopus Extreme 200, glad the wife dosn't ever look under the tank :lol: . Its strating to put out a bit of of the brown stuff but I think I need to take the filter sock out of the sump and see what it can really do. I am glad I had some SW mixed up, that thing really holds alot of water compaired to the old skimmer. The gfo/ carbon reactors are doing their job and the refugium is doing good also. The Cheato dosn't seem to be growing yet but its still green so I guess thats a good sign. Gerwin is ordering me a two part doser, when that comes is we will get that hooked up. Next up on the list will be a controller of some sort. I might need a smart person to help me get that set up ( Jason, you will be getting a call :lol: )
you better hope she does not read the forums! for one and
Jason? .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

C-21 USAF
Discus Member

Post by C-21 USAF » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:23 pm

Gerwin...don't fault Pete for thinking I'm smart (I'm not)...it's all because he saw my tank 8)

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:53 am

ahhhh Jason, dumb you are not good sir, matter a fact pretty damn bright and imaginative! I guess where I was going was how many times would you change your mind on when to set lights to come off or on, or how long for doser and which products to use, or where to hang it on the tank or on the wall ???? or maybe have 2 controllers so you can do it remotely from your airplane. :lol: only those who truly know you and the thought process you put into you creation can appreciate my comment...you need to put the wife on, she will get it :lol: :lol: WAIT.... Damn Pete, now that I think about it maybe you and Jason are the perfect match! roflmao

hope you guys know I am just playing with ya, ALMOST every tank hobbyist fiddles with and changes stuff all the time, I myself would be guilty of it if I did not find myself always going in 4 directions...little time saves me from being the constant thought shifter.

Matter fact as I have stated before its customers like you that keep me on my toes and not become complacent on the knowledge I have attained over the last 36 years but keep me looking to the now and future trends. That being said there is something to be said for the tried and proven methods, fo sho