Good news Sort of

Tanks, Filtration, & Lighting Discussion
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Good news Sort of

Post by Redfish » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:15 pm

I went along way towards getting approval for the new tank today, bought the wife a new car. :lol: Bought her a Chevy Equinox. I sold my truck and I will be driving her car. I was keeping the new dosing pumps, all of the chemicals and the mixing jugs in the back of the truck and was going to move them into the house a piece at a time so she wouldn't catch on :D. Was a good plan until I had to bring them all into the house today before taking the truck up to Preston Hoods to trade the truck in. I kinda hated selling the truck, but the car was in alot better shape than the truck, so I had to keep the car.

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Re: Good news Sort of

Post by Sandy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:11 pm

That's not a bad trade out! New car for a new tank! :D Hope YOUR car has a BIG trunk :shock: :lol: :lol:

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:39 am

Don't need a big trunk, Dr. Gerwin makes house calls now. :)

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Gerwin » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:46 pm

so I gotta ride in the back of a truck or large trunk? what are you guys trying to say here :?

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:56 pm

Redfish wrote:Don't need a big trunk, Dr. Gerwin makes house calls now. :)
Heck,,, at least he drives by your place,,,, I would have to go kidnap him to get him out to my place........
Oh,,, dang,,,,,,, wait,,,,,,,,,,, I wouldn't do that :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Just wanted to say that in case he comes up missing one day :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Gz28
Discus Member

Post by Gz28 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:27 pm

WOW now that is an expensive tank and doser!!! If you need help with anything let me know i would be happy to come out.....I still have your live rock anyway :-)

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:05 am

Well :( the new tank kinda took a hit today, the wifes car, my new one, started having a knocking noise about two weeks ago and it would come and go, about three times. I never could get it to make the noise and get it to the shop for the man to hear it before the noise would stop. Well, it did it today and I got it to the shop. He said it is a collapsed lifter and that it will be between 400 to 600 $$$ depends on what they find when they get into the motor and see what is up. I asked the wife if she was going to cover it under the warranty :( I can't get it into the shop until next Tuesday. He said he has never seen a car that was made in the last fifteen years have this problem :D Anyway a controller for the new tank was up next on my list for the new tank, guess that will have to wait for a bit longer.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:39 am

so lets make lemonade from lemons and get that Wonderful 125 gallon reef tank working with all your goodies and buy what ever corals you want now

Archie
Discus Member

Post by Archie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:40 pm

that is what happens when you by a GM(government made) car, should have bought a ford

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:47 pm

Well, good news maybe, we will see. I took the car to my good mechanic. He said the other guy dosn't know what he is talking about and is trying to stick me with a big bill. He said, that if your lifters start knocking, it dosn't come and go, it will stay knocking, Its like you can't be almost pregnant. He said that his first guess would be that my wife took the car to one of these quick change oil places and that they put some cheap, thin oil in the car. We changed the oil and will see if that takes care of the problem. Sounds kinda out there a bit, but what do I know.

Archie
Discus Member

Post by Archie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:39 pm

hate to say this, your good mechanic is wrong. sticking lifters or collapsed plunger, can be intermittent

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:41 pm

oh yeah besides be wise with fish tanks, Arch comes from a mechanics background! engine building etc. true

Sandy
Discus Member

Post by Sandy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:12 pm

Archie wrote:that is what happens when you by a GM(government made) car, should have bought a ford
FIX OR REPAIR DAILY! :lol: :lol: FOUND ON ROAD DEAD!!! :lol: :lol:
And yes, we have one,,, a ford that is,,, she takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin' :mrgreen:
We have Chevy's too....
And Yes,,, heard it,,,, built ford tough with chevy stuff.... :lol: :lol:
The list go on....

Archie
Discus Member

Post by Archie » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:39 am

i know we are getting off the subject
but anyway......
i have been chevy person since i started teething with a snap on wrench
i have to respect ford for not taking a bail out from those knuckle heads in washington

that is why i now on a ford diesel, will never look at a chevy product again.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:54 am

So far so good, but that dosn't mean anything.