New Lights!!!

Tanks, Filtration, & Lighting Discussion
Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

New Lights!!!

Post by Sandy » Sat May 29, 2010 11:16 pm

All I can say is, "It has been a great week!"
Re-did (Southern Girl here) the lighting in my canopy on Thursday. Changed out one of my ballast and added another 80 watt T5. Instead of having the lights centered in my canopy leaving darker areas on both ends of my tank, I took out all the lights and staggered them from side to side in my canopy. Now I have full light coverage throughout my tank. SWEET!!! Now for the really cool part....... Last minute brain fart yesterday, I decided to install some of the LED moon lights in my canopy. Between trying to catch the coral eating tang this afternoon,,,, I did manage to get them installed .... And the verdict is,,,,,,,,,,, after coming home from dinner out with my son and neighbors to a dark house with the moon lights glowing in my tank,,,,,,,,, AWESOME!!!!!!
Gerwin,,,,, why the heck have you not insisted I do this before?????
TOTALLY LOVE IT!!!!!
Definitely recommend!!!!!
Oh,,, and did I say,, in my very worst southern drawl singing voice, "they are AWESOME!!!!" :D

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: New Lights!!!

Post by Gerwin » Sun May 30, 2010 6:05 am

because I am a terrible salesman? but hey when you had them in your hand and asked me what I thought, I went and grabbed you a extra one ;-)

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Sun May 30, 2010 11:57 am

Naw,,, you are a great salesman, you're just not a PUSHY one.... :D
And when we want to buy something, you make sure we buy the right stuff... :D

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Sun May 30, 2010 7:02 pm

I think a few pics are in order here :D

Sandy
Discus Member

Post by Sandy » Sun May 30, 2010 10:22 pm

Redfish wrote:I think a few pics are in order here :D
I'll see what I can do in the next few days. :D