Damion in Saucier

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the members of FishyStuff Forums.
Damion
Angel Member
My SetUp: 55g Barb tank...Tiger Barbs, Black Rubies, Green Barbs, Banded Leporinus, and a Red Fin Shark. Clean up crew consists of two small (3") plecos

Damion in Saucier

Post by Damion » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:37 pm

H everyone.
I am new to the aquarium hobby. I really want a reef tank, but my wife says to start freshwater first to see how I like it. Actually, she only agreed for me to get a tank because her sister wanted to get rid of her 55g tank. I got the tank and everything to run it for free, along with a couple fish and huge algae eaters (plecostamas - I am sure I spelled that wrong)
I bought a nice stand, tried to figure out what type of fish I have, and a quick visit to Gerwin helped me tremendously (seems like a gold severum and and either a different type of severum or convict fish)

Anyways - just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully we will be talking reef tanks soon - but until then I will quietly pant at nice set-ups and maintain the tank I was fortunate enough to get my wife to agree to :-)

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Re: Damion in Saucier

Post by Sandy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi Damion! Glad you are getting into aquariums. We won't avoid you just because you have freshwater. :D That is where alot of us started out. And things just start getting out of hand and one thing turns into another and then suddenly you have a Big Ole Saltwater tank. Feel free to ask questions of all types, fresh and salt. Be sure to post up a picture of your tank. We all love pictures! :mrgreen:

Damion
Angel Member
My SetUp: 55g Barb tank...Tiger Barbs, Black Rubies, Green Barbs, Banded Leporinus, and a Red Fin Shark. Clean up crew consists of two small (3") plecos

Post by Damion » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:28 am

I think I will wait until a few more trips to Gerwin before I post pictures. My tank is bare and ugly, lol

phisher
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by phisher » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:31 pm

Hey think I met you briefly at the store. This site is a good place to start if you are looking to progress further.

Damion
Angel Member

Post by Damion » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:36 pm

Glad to see you on here - I enjoyed talking with you in the store.