Hi!<<< newbie in the house :)

A "friendly forum" for those just starting out in aquarium keeping. No question is too basic, so don't hesitate to ask!
ReneM
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Hi!<<< newbie in the house :)

Post by ReneM » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:49 pm

Hiya all!

I am new to SW, have a 45gal FOWLR tank. I just found "Just Fish" today and I am soooo happy with your crew up there! I have been visiting other SW forums on the net and just not been able to get all my questions answered. In 15 minutes you guys helped me a ton, thank you!

I'm on a budget, so not much to my set up to brag about just yet. But in there I have:
- A scooter blenny
- A lemon angel
- A yellow tail blue damsel
- A royal gramma
- A percula
- An oreo percula
- A chocolate chip sea star
- A bubble tip anemone
- one poor little snail lol

Working next on my clean up crew... can anyone recommend anything that would go good with the fish I have in there?
I'll post some pics - soon as I figure out how to get the fish to pose lol!

Thanks!
Rene

Gerwin
Discus Member

Re: Hi!<<< newbie in the house :)

Post by Gerwin » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:25 pm

welcome to the forums
sounds like you are about 1/2 to 3/4's full on the fish side with the ability to put in some inverts. Of course your filtration will play a part and your water change habits for the final number.

The selection to you is huge, all kinds of blennies and gobies, hawk fish, tangs and more for your tank

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:39 pm

Welcome Rene,
If you figure out how to get your fish to pose, please send the tips to me so I can take more fish pictures for Gerwin. :mrgreen: I can't get those darn fish to pose for nuttin!!!

Gz28
Discus Member

Post by Gz28 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:10 am

Hello. Welcome! I am glad that you found pass road pets! It is by far the best place around!!!

ReneM
Discus Member

Post by ReneM » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:27 am

THank you for the warm welcome (eek just saw the guestbook area... oops on posting this here? lol)

I am wanting to add in shrimp, crabs, etc.. but not sure which ones are best. And, do I also feed them or do they make it on what's in the tank? If it's the latter, my tank is too young I think to support them.

I would love a tang, but I thought they got to be 5 inches or so.. did I get that wrong?

As for posing I took an hour's worth of pics yesterday and everyone is a blur! I have several different settings on my digital and nothing would work. Waaaa!!!! I'll get something up soon tho :)

I think you're right Gz on PRP... I really like you guys over there!

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:22 pm

ReneM wrote:THank you for the warm welcome (eek just saw the guestbook area... oops on posting this here? lol)

I am wanting to add in shrimp, crabs, etc.. but not sure which ones are best. And, do I also feed them or do they make it on what's in the tank? If it's the latter, my tank is too young I think to support them.

I would love a tang, but I thought they got to be 5 inches or so.. did I get that wrong?

As for posing I took an hour's worth of pics yesterday and everyone is a blur! I have several different settings on my digital and nothing would work. Waaaa!!!! I'll get something up soon tho :)

I think you're right Gz on PRP... I really like you guys over there!
they can be fed and just ask next time your in and we will show you the nicer ones (make sure you ask)

Tangs do grow but its nothing fast and you will enjoy for years on most of the smaller ones before they will ever get that big, and when they do we trade them in or buy I bigger tank.....I prefer the latter :wink:

ReneM
Discus Member

Post by ReneM » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:45 pm

lol so do I!!!

Ok... since I have been reassured on my filtration/lighting then I think my next purchase will be a tang and CC crew.... see you guys in a week or so! Thanks!

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:54 am

I do recommend certain tangs be one of the last things put in and even the better ones added after you tank is well established ie months

ReneM
Discus Member

Post by ReneM » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:38 am

ok I can wait...

Is it too early for a clean up crew? Other than the diatoms (which I hate) the tank looks like there's not much available for them to eat?

ReneM
Discus Member

Post by ReneM » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:09 am

Pictures :) :)

At first I just had these two in the 10gal
Then when it cycled I added in a few more..
And when I got the funding together, moved to a bigger tank...
Darn I cant get the pics to show in here... grrrr!

Still working to get my camera figured out so I can actually take pics of MOVING fish lol..

ReneM
Discus Member

Post by ReneM » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:25 pm

Thank you to whomever fixed my pics! :P