Following advice....

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
guitarest
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Following advice....

Post by guitarest » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:59 am

Well so far I have tried to follow your advice Gerwin with some pretty damn good results so far. I have either rehomed, or let go allot of fish and crabs this past month. From 6 croakers and 8 blue crabs going back to the bayou to almost 40 molly's and guppies going back to the other tank. I also moved around some plants and rocks/shells to give the 100gal more open room. I might have disturbed the sand a little too much hoping it will be clear again tomorrow although the chemical sticks say the tank is within ranges. Since the rehoming effort the tank looks bare but way less food is being eaten in one tank and more in the smaller tank is getting ate. I also located and took pictures of some very healthy Rock Crabs, and I also had a Fiddler Crab in the tank (who knew) and I still have 5 live saltwater snails that are in a smaller tank now with "Lucky" my not so lucky baby blue crab female. I found her about three weeks ago and all her legs and claws have been removed from the left side except for the paddle fin. I have moved her to a betta tank and she is doing quite well by herself. I know she would have either died naturally or eaten in the large tank. She has the small rubber like bumps on the underside where the legs and claw would have been so hopefully she will regen her legs with this shedding coming up. The snails like their new tank and it appears the fish like the more open space in the 100gal.

Pic to follow...........