Items out of the back bay

Share Photos of Your Fish and Aquariums
brianjoy81
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Items out of the back bay

Post by brianjoy81 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:47 am

I noticed a few people on this site have "local tanks" with stuff out of the sound and back bay. On the weekends im a fishing guide, and my customers are always pulling up clusters of small clams and oysters from the bottom of the back bay. Most of them are decent looking and may have a few small crabs or something on them. If anyone has one of these "local tanks" and want some of these local little things let me know and i will save them instead of throwing them back in the water. They are usually just a brownish and black color. They are by no means full of color and beautiful like the ones at Gerwin's store. I have a trip this friday so if we get any I will take a few pics of the stuff we sometimes pull up.

brianjoy81
Discus Member

Re: Items out of the back bay

Post by brianjoy81 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:48 am

We sometimes catch these ugly green or brown eels also.

phisher
Discus Member

Post by phisher » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:44 pm

I have always wanted to do a Back Bay tank. There really are some amazing things out there, especially at night.

I will keep this in mind, thanks. I bet you end up with some cool stuff in the cast nets as well.

I wonder what the eels are? I remember we use to catch some kind of eel when fishing out there. I always heard them referred to as ribbon eels but I'm sure that's not what they are. Some type of snake eel I'm guessing, but I haven't seen any in years.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:27 pm

If its what I am thinking of, we used to call them Silver eels, great Lemonfish bait but they had some big chompers on them.

Shelly
Swordtail Member

Post by Shelly » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:15 pm

Please keep me in mind. I was gonna to go this weekend to see if I can't add to mine. For now, that is on hold. I guess mother in ICU should be a priority. I would love to hear what you come up with.

Thank you.