Sebae Anenome questions.

A "friendly forum" for those just starting out in aquarium keeping. No question is too basic, so don't hesitate to ask!
gbrendonk
Angel Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Sebae Anenome questions.

Post by gbrendonk » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:40 pm

I bought a Sebae Anenome yesterday. Today he isn't looking so well. My husband says he's pooping or adjusting to the new tank. Here is a picture. I would like to know for myself if he's ok.

Current tank specs:

Salinity = 1.026
Temp= 80 degrees
Ph = 8.2
Ammonia= 0
Nitrite= 0- 0.1
Nitrate= 5-10 ppm
160 gallons, RO water, Skimmer, new refuge.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg11 ... AG0147.jpg

Doug
Site Admin
My SetUp: 1984: 90 gal. saltwater, O'Dell tank, Oceanic Systems cabinet stand, (2) Perfecto 48" strip lights with Vita-Lite Power Twists, Aqualogy Bio-Grade Plus Undergravel filter, (2) Hagen Aquaclear 800 power heads, Eheim 2217 canister filter with Chemi-Pure, Hawaiian Marine Angstrom 2537 UV sterilizer

Re: Sebae Anenome questions.

Post by Doug » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:20 pm

If what I'm seeing is the oral/anal aperture wide open and the innards (technical term) looking like it's turning itself inside out, that's not good. That the tentacles are still mostly inflated is a relatively positive sign, meaning don't throw it out yet, but keep a close eye on it. Sometimes they can rebound from this state, but it's definitely not happy right now. Anemone waste is usually little clumps of dark brown, or the remains of a fish carcass covered in goo.

gbrendonk
Angel Member

Post by gbrendonk » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:43 pm

What can we do? What likely caused this? Other than the mouth it looks good. It still has good firm body texture also.

THanks

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:59 pm

nothing you can do except maybe partial water change the Nitrite at 0.1, really should be 0. Salt and temp is fine but he is definitely not happy. Is that the one from my tank? if so it was doing Fantastic for over a week and I do not think my h2o quality was as good as yours except for maybe the nitrites. There must be something else we are not aware of.

gbrendonk
Angel Member

Post by gbrendonk » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:18 pm

Yes it is the one from your store. The brown stuff coming out of his mouth is coming off and it seems like his mouth is closing back up. He has never deflated or seemed like he was melting. His foot is still hard and firm.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:20 am

lets just hope it was a rough night, drank a little much, was calling dinosaurs and now its just a hangover and all will be fine in a day :thumbup:

gbrendonk
Angel Member

Post by gbrendonk » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:02 am

Well its gone. It was dead when I woke this morning. Only thing I can thing is I didn't acclimate it long enough. Was in a hurry to leave that afternoon. Good thing is my corals all look happy. Maybe I'll try again after my refunge gets going good.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:38 pm

well I hate to hear that even more when it was a beautiful creature...